IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

14 minutes ago, Iving said:

AfterDark Triple Emperor Double Crown 75Ω Square Wave 10 MHz

(see also my Profile)

That clock is original a 50 Ohm sine. That he has fiddle with, and probably made poor. 

Ask him for the recipe to put it back to original state. Which actually will also comply with phase noise numbers given to you. If you’re planning for ERG2, I would consider 50 ohm. This will also comply with DCC’s that have 10Mhz input. 

You really don’t want square if you can avoid it. 

1 minute ago, Superdad said:

Do you know that for a fact?  Have you bought an AfterDark Triple Emperor Double Crown 75Ω Square Wave, opened it, extracted the OCXO, and measured it to know for sure that it is a sine wave oscillator?

Please do not cast aspersions without evidence.

Well @Ivingcan easily open it up and truth will be revealed. Simple. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:18 AM, MartinT said:

If it's not too late to make a request,

I tried so many times, that I can say this will almost never happen. Alex is so tired of me repeating this request. 

There are some quite good technical explanations, not to mention cost, that back up this refusal. And of cause a limited demand. 

I predict it’s more realistic to expect Sonore to add external clock interface to a new version of the opticalRendu. Which may even be a better solution. Or it will only happen to the Signature version. Maybe we can hope for an external clock from Uptone as a future product.  

There is no doubt adding better clock to the optcalRendu will benefit the SQ. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Sorry, but baseline performance of a CTS 1250019 is pretty sad. A 10MHz clock with -120dBc/Hz at 10Hz offset will not outperform the internal clock of the EtherREGEN.

Totally agree. But this is what you get from AD. But with the (better) phase noise measurement.

• 1 month later...

@Superdad

If you and John ever would develop a clock, would that specific one OCXO you like, and have quoted prices for, fit inside your present black box ? 

If you where to suggest your price, what would you think? 

You may assume sine wave only. Dual 50 ohm galvanic isolated outputs, one or two 75 ohm outputs. Separate input DC power.

Looking inside other clocks, couldn’t this be a fairly simple design, still serving it’s purpose perfectly?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Superdad said:

Can I borrow $85,000 from someone for that?

Be carefull what you wish for 😀

I predict you will easily get those money if you crow-founded them. (But that’s against your religion😀)

Just in this forum I guess you find 85 to a 150 people willing to put $900 each in your pocket, and in addition willing to wait a year or more to get such fantastic product. 
(Maybe I should start a poll 🙄)

Maybe John wouldn’t be that excited, putting even more work on his shoulders.

Any update on all ongoing developments?

5 hours ago, Mops911 said:

If you have a good business case :-D

oh, man this is a very good business case. A reasonable priced clock with those numbers is a no-brainer. 
Should be paired with upcoming JS4. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2024 at 2:06 AM, russellbobby said:

Just wondered if anybody would know if I am getting any benefit from the OCK 2 on the  Spdif and Toslink inputs of the Bricasti M3 when it’s fed from the Ethernet output of the Etheregen. Probably a question for Bricasti bit just wondering if anybody had an idea. 

If you’re looking for a good DCC with clock input, the Singxer SU-2 is a good option.