IGNORED

DOG MUSIC !!!

6 hours ago, DuckToller said:

"Mein Teil" is about cannibalism - a real case that had happened in Germany (Rothenburg)  - not about Dogs at all.
You could use it much better in Bird-Music, section Vultures ...
Just used it in a review ... here is what I think about it :
"
Being German by nature, I despise Rammstein. For their vulgarity, their cultural tribute to the uprising of the new German alt right, their unmistakably misogynistic role play. In contrast, my French brother-in-law just adores them, because he can overlook these facts and just enjoy the show.. He has been at one of the events that were recorded for their live show release "Rammstein:Paris", which I found in the Prime Video program, when I looked for content to test the A100. I choose one from the many disgusting performances, "Mein Teil",  due to its overwhelming low atmosphere built on simple sequences of extremely deep frequencies. Using the PCM9211 based Toslink input, the AIRPULSE were performing astonishingly great, taking a proper advantage of the subwoofer output. I wish I could fade out the song's background and lyrics and concentrate on the music only to enjoy the overwhelming soundscape. I can't, and therefore I suffered, it is such an appalling piece of provocation"

Seems that I treat Rammstein in a way similar to your brother's. I think there's a lot of good, rock music on their first album and some good stuff on the later ones. I often use their music for my home workouts (it really works great! x-D) and at the same time I don't understand a single word from their songs. I don't regret - out of curiosity I had checked some pieces' lyrics in the past - for me it's mostly an attempt to sell the music using provocative, controversial, sensational and straightforward shocking topics - the trick as old as the world of rock itself. And it works of course - they are highly successful commercially (wouldn't happen if their music was totally sh...y but it's obviously a question of personal taste). BTW I think their videos and shows quite often are pretty kitschy.

When I was posting this clip I hoped there is a slight chance that the German 'teil' means 'tail' :D but it wasn't the deciding factor - I simply find the 'walking the Rammstein' part of it quite amusing. You may of course disagree. Anyway I would suggest a little more sense of humor on threads like this :). This suggestion may of course be in contradiction with being 'German by nature' (I had a chance to meet many really cool Germans but I'm not sure my sense of humor is in 100% compatible with the German one). I can eventually understand that.

As for Rammstein and hundreds if not thousands of other performers, c'mon guys - it's only rock and roll. Scandal and controversy are in this regard similar to sex - they will always be improving sales.

In other words - the show must go on :)

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Seems that I treat Rammstein in a way similar to your brother's.

It is so much easier to enjoy a hard beat and a powerful sound, if it is only about that and not about context, impact and esprit. My BiL loves as well Tiesto for his Marathon training ...
I think the Germans which can't  find access to your humor are unfortunately rather the ones who listen, understand and like Rammstein. You may want to cross the border for a concert and have fun with them as a special experience 
When I was 18, I visited Amsterdam on a school trip (high school, hurray - 1983, Melkweg, Paradiso and having our youth hostel in the red light district). Our school group was cible of a fervid verbal attack by a drunken mid-aged man for everything we weren't: Fascists, Nazis and Wehrmacht. If he would have his bitter rant on the Rammstein guys today, it may have a perfect fit. And he could even call them out on making money with their right wing counter culture symbolism.
The alt-right started end of last century playing with the punk symbolism under their own terms. Rammstein,imho, are surfing on the heritage of Böhse Onkelz, who "democratized" the right wing youth feeling in Germany in the Nineties. They are the cultural culminations point of Pegida, neo-fascists and AFD today. If you are cool with that (as my BiL, who doesn't care but loves his Mercedes ... btw) you may want to accept as well that history is repeating itself ...
I prefer the contextualization instead of looking away ...