IGNORED

My response to "Boycott the sub-forum"

1 hour ago, Shimei said:

Kinda ironic subject matter, no? I mean objectivist believe truth exists outside themselves and subjectivist believe no truth exists outside themselves.

Nice writing. I don't ascribe to either camp. The objectivist is ?rationalist and the subjectivist ?empiricist in which case Quine's "The Two Dogma's of Empiricism" applies. 

Let me add that the rationalist/empiricist dichotomy is regarding two (old) camps of scientific thought. Here "objectivist" seems to be associated with "scientific" and "subjectivist" with non-scientific ... hmmm

To wit, the reason that "1+1 = 2" is because math is useful, and using math allows us to make useful predictions about the world, for example I can get on a plane, and believe that I will arrive in Europe unscathed ;) 

The thread regarding which measurements predict good sound is apropo.

That said, this is a hobby and ultimately I want the best sound, and no I don't use DBTs to decide which products to purchase ... I use my ears ... that said, I also use rational thought to decide which products not to bother with because life is short and I know that my fiberoptic ethernet cable blocks 100% of common mode noise so why would I bother with an "audiophile" ethernet cable? Now amplifier or speakers ... you can read impressions but ultimately you need to just listen!

Custom room treatments for headphone users.