IGNORED

CPU Load and Sound Quality

STC

2 minutes ago, STC said:

Why @Teresa why? At least say why you are disagreeing. You don’t believe I can make the Bryston or Nelson to sound inferior to the cheap Amp by subjective listening?  What is the conclusive evidence that would show these two amplifiers better than the cheap amp. 

Because it sounds like complete nonsense to me. Such an extraordinary claim would need ironclad  proof.

Bob Carver with internal component changes was able to make his amp sound like a highly regarded tubed one. Carver equipment is not cheap, though. And redesigning an amp to sound like another would not satisfy your bizarre claim.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

2 hours ago, STC said:

You use NuForce to drive the Maggies?  

STC this post should be directed to @Ralf11 it was his system I was posting. I was just disagreeing with @sandyk that @Ralf11's system was mediocre. I have heard his Magneplanar 3.7i's and was very impressed and so if they are mediocre I hate to think what @sandyk would think of my Speakers. I have Infinity Reference Standard Kappa 7's which I purchase at 50% clearance discount for $700 for the pair decades ago. I never could afford the Magneplanar 3.7i's. I know nothing about the NuForce as I have never seen or heard one.

In short, try addressing this question to @Ralf11 instead of me.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

16 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

OK thanks for that, I think it is actually a fun hobby and I think disagreeing can be part of the fun.

Sorry, Richard I couldn’t help myself and hit the Disagree button on your post just to well disagree for no reason at all.

All I can say is I welcome all opinions whether I agree with them or not and you are correct that is part of the fun.

Happy disagreeing! 😊

I still love music.

Teresa

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 7:04 PM, plissken said:

Hmmm... I've been encouraged multitudinous times to try another Ethernet cable with the adage of how do you know if you don't try...

Good for you! 😁

Personally I would never try something just to satisfy someone else's curiosity. I only purchase things I am interested in. And there are tons of audio related stuff that I have no interest in because their description sounds too wacky to me, or I don't believe it will benefit the sound of my system, or it is too expensive. 

I still love music.

Teresa