IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

I've had my ER in the system for a month or so.  I made a number of changes to my system as I installed a new DAC and usb cable (Sablon Reserva Elite 2020 model- killer cable and highly recommended!) at the same time I installed the ER. 

Swapping the ER in and out of the system, I am hearing more detail, a larger, more expansive sound stage (depth, width, height), better laying/separation of individual instruments, increased transparency, and more of the "musicians are in your room" (i.e. it sounds more natural/real) with the ER installed in the chain.  The thing is, it seems that in my experience, whenever I install a new component or accessory, I look for those types of sonic improvements and when a change is deemed a "success" for me, I will get improvements in one or more of the areas noted above, without any corresponding negatives.  It is a big bonus when all of these sonic improvements are provided with just one component or accessory.  Fortunately for me, the ER, Sablon USB and Terminator all did this. 

I have read a couple of the reviews in this thread, but for the most part I have avoided reading the impressions in this thread to attempt to avoid influence.  I assume my sonic impressions are likely what others are hearing as well so my report is not likely to be earth-shattering news.  Very happy with my purchase.    

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC