IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

Yes, a Mapleshade rack I modified. I made it taller using threaded rod from Grainger. It's a sore point with me. Their shelves and plinths, in my experience, are terrible. 

Customer support was sad. It became easier to sand the shelves flat myself and spray lacquer rather than interact with him/them. They were unusable as delivered. One of the plinths too. Sad.

And no anti-vibe on the Tower of Power--only some felt pads. Maybe I'll suspend it from the ceiling with elastic. 😉

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

The Qutest needs the micro USB connector, which only comes in the Level 1 cable upgrade due to wire gauge considerations. 

The MScaler and eReGen devices both have the Level 2 cable upgrade. These are the cable upgrades from Farad Power Supplies. All are copper version.

Also added the Furutech Rhodium AC inlet and the HifiTuning Supreme3 silver/gold fuse.

The supplies on the Chord devices have been running for some weeks now; the supply on the ReGen only a few days.

BTW: All three devices are on Analysis Plus Pro Power Oval MKII PCs.

I did build the stand to give the F3s some breathing room. Felt like stuffing them behind the gear on the floor was clunky and poorly ventilated. It's about 100 bucks worth of oak and some time in the garage. 

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

• 3 weeks later...

Vangelis, I am not currently powering any upstream switches with the Farad3s.

I have a couple of Ciscos running off line voltage upstream, and a Sonore OM awaiting a PS from Mr. Barrows. 

I imagine Ponkbutler is accurate regarding the potential impact of some of the more expensive supplies on various devices, but I went this way.

My Farad3s are plugged into a PI Audio power correction "supply."

"There are many ways to the top of the mountain," as the ancient audio guru might opine...

• 7 months later...