IGNORED

Article: Audeze LCD-4z Review

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is the subjective part and nobody can be wrong by definition. If I say these are the best headphones I’ve ever heard, it’s just another opinion. If I agree with Sonis, it’s just another opinion in agreement with him. 

Of course someone can be wrong. It is subjective whether someone likes the headphones or not. But "distorted highs, muffled midrange and loose bass" are objective facts, not personal preference.

And unless there is something wrong with the review sample - quite possible since Audeze disclaim all knowledge of it - this contradicts the overwhelming majority of user experience and reviews. In other words, it is just wrong. 

54 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Don't forget Tyll's review of the LCD-4... My own impressions of the LCD-4 matched his. In fact I was really worried there was something wrong with my own hearing/unit but when I read Tyll's review later, it matched very closely.

The headphones in that review were the LCD4, not the 4z. Also, a reminder that that there was a problem with that initial sample of the LCD4, and Tyll adjusted his views in a subsequent review.

And even in that initial review, Tyll did not trash the headphones. He pointed out a slight treble imbalance - supported by measurements - and noted that Audeze fans would like them. In his follow up he did add the LCD4 to the Wall of Fame, and his remaining reservations about the LCD4 were in the context of a discussion of other high end headphones, all of which had (in his view) issues of one sort or another. And all of his comments, again, were backed by measurements and were balanced in their approach. 

This is not to say that Tyll was either right or wrong about the LCD4, but that his methodology was sound. He listened, he measured, he drew meaningful comparisons, and noted what would work for which types of listeners. That is very different from what we are dealing with here.