IGNORED

Can System Noise be saved to HDDs, SDs, etc. in digital audio files?

39 minutes ago, esldude said:

I suppose for clarification, rather than will it be extracted, did you mean can it be extracted?  I vaguely remember info about how noise can effect the cleanliness of the actual stored data on a hard drive.  Of course none of that effects the actual data values, and when that data is used elsewhere it bears no relation or hidden evidence of the environment in which the hard drive operated.  

So a very iffy qualified yes, with an addendum that when the data is moved the noise is not there in data nor can it be retrieved elsewhere nor can it accumulate further downstream.   It isn't in the data, it might be in the method the data is stored, and could only be retrieved by some method unrelated to the data itself.  So there would effectively be infinite db between data and this system noise.  

I meant is it likely to be extracted during normal use.

Of course if it is impossible then it won't happen during normal use.  (except in the upside-down world of audiophoolia, where if it is impossible, then it will happen a lot)

I think a thread on "likely mechanism(s) responsible for audible differences at the point of D-to-A conversion" would be very worthwhile, and encourage someone to start it.

I appreciate that some people want to believe certain things, half.  I do not belong to that religion and am interested in finding out what effects noise can have on SQ in a digital system.  There are procedures for finding out how reality works, and even if they require a lot of effort in this area, some mechanisms by which noise can affect SQ can be characterized, narrowing the list of possibilities for the consumer.

7 hours ago, sandyk said:

This is an Audiophile forum , NOT a sub branch of Hydrogen Audio, .although several of you appear to be trying to make it one.

It would be a shame if just for once that you said something directly on the subject instead of referring non technical members  to a textbook that they would need to purchase, perhaps to refer to just once, then put it back on a shelf or in a cupboard never to be used again.

Yes, that's right - we should never have any technical discussions here.

Audiophools might learn something and begin to think for themselves.

and HERE is a textbook for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Abnormal-Psychology-Ronald-J-Comer/dp/1429282541

4 hours ago, sandyk said:

You really are full of it. I don't do DBTs because they would carry no weight with anyone.  

You don't do DBTs because you do not know what they are, much less how to do one.

Your own statements a couple posts above that on contradict it.

The real question is why this notion you have is so important to you.

I like to use the term 'notion', jabbr likes 'thought' - either way it is not a result, theory, or finding.