IGNORED

Tell me if I am understanding this correctly...

If the app is accurate it isn't too far from the truth.  Past 500 hz with most domestic listening rooms, you'll reach a point where direct and reflected sound are equal, and you'll read similar SPL at all locations.  It isn't going to be too far from the one meter value in most cases.  

If you really want to know feed it pink noise, use a voltmeter to set voltage across your speaker terminals at 2.83 volts and see what SPL you get at the listening position then.  There are variations in impedance etc, but you could figure it out pretty well.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

with my speakers that are 88db efficient, does that mean I was using roughly 1 watt of power maximum?

That’s the typical power required for a comfortable 80 or 85dB listening around 3 meters or so. 

Here is a Nagra driving a 90dB speaker’s which was at demo level loudness. It hardly crossed 1W. Depends on the music, at times it can hit more than 500W during peak. 

I think it might be a little more complex than a simple calculation, this might be interesting......

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.