IGNORED

Do you have a multimeter?

Do you own a multimeter?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a multimeter?

• Yes, I have a multimeter.
    • No I do not have a multimeter.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/19 at 05:00 AM

Pretty simple poll.  Do you have a multimeter?

You can comment on whether you know what to do with it.  But mainly I'd like to know what percentage of Audiophyle Style members have a multimeter.

Thanks for your participation. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

3 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Can we have a “do you have a oscilloscope” poll also ? 😂

Feel free to start your own poll.  Why not?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

5 hours ago, mansr said:

Don't forget the all-important tape measure for checking soundstage size.

I doubt most members here have a tape measure.  And how likely is it calibrated for measuring the effects of data compression on height?  Even if members might be able to use one.

2 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Who would hold a multimeter like the one on the photo I posted in one's hands.? ;)

the Hulk.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

better quality ones have a mirror on the scale to eliminate ghosting when reading the needle

I don't know.  It seems to have been a fad that passed, but a decade or so back all the very cheapest worst meters had that little mirror band to imply quality was higher than it was.    Kind of like hood scoops and spoilers on street cars.