IGNORED

Optimizing music-dedicated mac mini?

On 4/17/2019 at 10:22 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Disable SIP, do what you need to do, then re-enable it.  It's that easy.

csrutil disable

csrutil enable

I would do the Direct Mode hack for A+, it really does improve the sound quality.

Audiodoc...i tried to fisrt disable notifications. I am told to remove SIP first. For that I used this link...

http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/06/disable-notification-center-remove-menu-bar-icon-os-x/

In this the command given is 

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.notificationcenterui.plist

followed by 

killall NotificationCenter

But when I type the first command given above, I am told by Terminal  that SIP is engaged.

When I type your command to disangage SIP I am told by Terminal that 

"This tool needs to be executed from Recovery OS".

Now how to go about it? THis is Question 1.

Question 2 is - how to restore the mac in case I brick the machine - what exactly do I have to do, in baby steps, from scratch, assuming music is not playing and all the work is lost and the mac needs to be just salvaged now.?

While trying the new HQ Player 4 there was repeating problem which most probably was caused by Amarra optimization script - while it was used to "disable" certain things, such as spotlight, etc., HQ Player was not working properly. I know this for 99% sure because after "enabling" everything back with the script HQ Player 4 functions ok. Mojave on mac mini which is dedicated for music exclusively, do not use for anything else, very few apps installed in addition to system.