IGNORED

Mcintosh Light - Are You Kidding Me?

2 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Agreed, but the cost of Ferrari ownership, in general, is crazy. For your average Ferrari (meaning those that sell used for $150k or less) a very wise, and skilled independent Ferrari mechanic, with over 30 years of experience, told me that "what you pay for the car will be the lest of your outlay, over the time you own it!".

Of course, a similarly experienced Mercedes Benz mechanic also told me that when I was considering a high end current. Mercedes. And, the Porsche dealerships here also charge $450-500.00 for an oil change for a Cayman, or 911, which most people would think insane. 

JC

Very true.  I do my own oil changes, that way if I screw it up I have no one to yell at but myself, and I enjoy it. Same with the Air Filters. That said, the maintenance costs of my car are very low considering I track it. If we start looking at total costs beyond just the engine, we add in brakes, brake fluid, tires, lube of various sorts, etc... and it is still a relative bargain. Porsche, IMO, makes some damn reliable cars. Some may call me crazy, but I enjoy doing as much of the work as possible.

No electron left behind.