IGNORED

JA says none of y’all showed up to talk about MQA

5 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

...or maybe social media zealotry is easier than real-world confrontation? Too bad Izzy Slapowitz couldn't make it. I mean he's a retired professional wrestler!  🙄

To bad christopher4321 could not make it, he's a retired active finger wagging church lady!  

Image result for church lady meme

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

3 minutes ago, FredericV said:

Mocking
Questions
Allowed

Seriously, that's really all that is left to do so why show up at these $sells$ events?  The hard questions will be ignored, bypassed, etc.  With MQA, it lacks substance, so how do questions to sells men further our knowledge?  They don't.  Questions don't help sell MQA, so why would they address them in a substantive way if any are asked?  How could they and be honest and still $sell$ MQA?

Audio demos and shows are about sells and marketing, not the truth.  Of course JA and the promotional machine are going to spin all this to MQA's advantage, since everything (from CC presentation to this one) is an opportunity for putting MQA in the best possible light...

16 minutes ago, Thuaveta said:

Maybe the critics are both smart, and grown-up enough, to not behave like the RMAF crowd, or be baited into a similar shouting match, something that the man who fancies himself a journalist seems to regret.

Yes, now that we are post technical with MQA and understand that it is almost as pure of an audiophile voodoo lump as can be, what's the point in engaging in a pseudo technical debate or Q&A with them and their supporters?   It's better in a diverse and sometimes subtle (sometimes not) way keep them talking about the wider things such as how they see themselves in the voodoo market, what they really think about consumers, etc.

You see @Thuaveta, @The Computer Audiophile& @Rt66indierockhave a point that it's best to let these guys talk so that we can see how they really think:

https://www.stereophile.com/comment/583088#comment-583088

" ...the same diversity that has democratized music distribution now makes it difficult for any technology to become an industry standard and MQA may not succeed for that very reason. Which is too bad..."

Right now he is violation of Stereophile's posting rules by not declaring his industry affiliation.  Perhaps we will see who he represents soon...

8 hours ago, shtf said:

For these reasons alone, I suspect any "post technical" mindset is not a good thought or strategy.  In fact, I'd suggest one of you technically-inclined types who dug into the bowels of MQA to reverse engineer, etc. should consider coming up with a bulletized executive summary sheet listing all of MQA's failures, shortcomings, etc. so that it becomes far easier to cut'n paste MQA's failures and shortcomings so it becomes overwhelming clear to the casual reader how far short of the technical mark MQA really is.

On this, we could do something with this thread (update, organize, revise, start over):

8 minutes ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

One thing that may grab attention is a petition.  People seem to like those these days.  Have people sign a pledge stating they will not buy any gear that is MQA enabled, then clearly state the technical reasons why.   Should not be very hard to get a few thousand audiophiles to sign it.  I'm kinda new to the whole MQA debate, and things i've read here made it clear to me MQA should go bye bye.  Gear makers will notice something like that, gotta get pressure on them to stop integrating it.

I have thought about this.  It's only audio...usually petitions are for "important things/issues".  That's the optics anyways.  Most will say "better to vote with your dollars", etc.

Still, I wonder if making it "fun" would not help.  Perhaps using Nancy Reagan's image in a humours "Just Say No" campaign.  Perhaps a domain/web site such as "www.getMQAoffmylawn.org" that hosts the petition and sells "MQA free" tee shirts, and offers littler stickers that manufactures can put on their new product that say "MQA free device".

All that takes effort of course 😋