IGNORED

Audirvana bug that kills my . . .

sockpit

. . . ability to search in Apple mail or spotlight.

No doubt about it.  Whenever I use Audirvana (latest update), it totally knocks out my ability to search in spotlight, but worse, Apple mail.  A pain in the ass to get working again.  And if I open Audirvana, say cause I wanna listen, it happens again.

El Cap on a MacBook Pro.  Advise or help appreciated It drives me into the arms of Kazoo . . .  @damien78 any other reports of this?

Thanks much.  Indeed I do!  Ok I’m not too computer savvy— and still not out of the woods.

The bug in the feature?:  when I close Audirvana completely and try Spotlight and Apple mail searches, they don’t work.  It seems to have knocked these features out completely.  Again I’m certain this is Audirvanas doing because I resumed using the other day after months hiatus (precisely because of this glitch),and the problem returned on cue.

I've tried to  reindex  my spotlight, but that’s not working.  This has happened to me before and each time I’ve eventually fixed it.  But have forgotten how this time 😢

Hard to live these days without being able to search one’s email!

3 hours ago, sockpit said:

Thanks much.  Indeed I do!  Ok I’m not too computer savvy— and still not out of the woods.

The bug in the feature?:  when I close Audirvana completely and try Spotlight and Apple mail searches, they don’t work.  It seems to have knocked these features out completely.  Again I’m certain this is Audirvanas doing because I resumed using the other day after months hiatus (precisely because of this glitch),and the problem returned on cue.

I've tried to  reindex  my spotlight, but that’s not working.  This has happened to me before and each time I’ve eventually fixed it.  But have forgotten how this time 😢

Hard to live these days without being able to search one’s email!

There's also a button in the Preferences to restart all the services that SysOptimizer turns off (at least there is in the new MacOS beta and the Windows version, and I believe it also exists in the 3.2 version for MacOS), so you may want to click that before shutting down Audirvana.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.