IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

20 minutes ago, bos3812 said:

When I launch the latest version of Euphony Stylus it refuses to play music. I first have to relaunch the app to do so. I tried it several times and each time I have to relaunch the app again after closing and starting Euphony.

Are there more users who experienced this new bug?

I would roll back and test and then try the update again. Make sure Ramroot is disabled before you try to update if you are using it.

9 minutes ago, bos3812 said:

I went back to 221028 and installed the new version again. It didn't solve the problem. I use an Ipad for Euphony remote. Probably it has to do with the app software. I will send a ticket to Zeljko.

It sounds like there is a disconnect issue between the server and your dac. I was having a similar issue using HQP. I would have to restart the app to get sound again. The difference here is it wasn’t every time I went to use the app. I don’t think it’s app related; but who knows it could be.

Edit: have you tried re-booting everything? Components, Network etc.

4 minutes ago, bos3812 said:

I didn't have that issue with version 221028. I have the impression that Euphony starts up and shuts down faster with the new version, but I'm not sure. If so, something may have changed in the software that is causing the problem.

Two questions; are you using the Euphony iOS App or connecting over IP in Safari? Are you shutting the Server Down or leaving it on 24/7?

I’m gonna try to duplicate this….

I installed the iOS App. Re-booted my server; I left the app open in the background. The app refreshed itself once the server booted; it scanned my library, I add an album and it played. I had no issue.

I tried rebooting with an album in the queue but it cleared itself; I’m not buffering to ram due to HQPe interaction.

Try connecting to the server over IP in Safari; add a bookmark. See if that works any different

715D1BBE-E70B-4419-A6C9-C72FB7A1F7BB.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Yiakubou said:

It feels like there's a problem with some timing or something or with Euphony trying to do multiple things in parallel with the USB SSD after restart or shut down, resulting in some conflicts and this kind of freeze at the end. Anyway, this way works fine every time. Maybe good to know if other users experience similar issue, or perhaps this info will help you to resolve this kind of behavior.

Check your Boot Sequence in your MB Bios. Maybe something there is causing the issue. It almost seems like it is trying to boot from the M.2 USB drive instead of the primary boot drive. Hope this helps….

Mike

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

Should I assume that we cannot use the Summus optimizations, unless we have a Summus machine?

I am running you for me on a DIY  V4 computer. Are these optimizations off-limits to me?

You are correct; no optimizations without a Summus Server. The Summus’s do not have an expert option in the settings menu.

5 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

Remember when updating it will change the default kernel to  5.14.2 and I changed it back to  5.18.0 which is less harsh… 

play around with the kernel settings to further fine-tune.  I’m still undecided if the newer update sounds better or not.

This is also true of HQPe if you use it. It rolls back as well.

• 4 months later...

Hi @adamthebrave,

The install option that I have circled to the right; is that what you are talking about? If so that is not what is used to install Euphony to your hard drive.

That is for post installation troubleshooting or installing to a different hard drive other than your main OS Drive. When you booted from your USB Drive you should have been asked at some point which hard disk you want to install Euphony on. I don’t recall the exact point but I think it is post registration. 

As far as your HQPe issue, double check in settings which Kernel you are running. Update it to 4.18…. That might fix the HQPe issue. You might also consider asking Jussi as well.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Mike

IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0422.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

Well then don't install beta, if you don't want to be disappointed. It's beta for a reason...

I should have been more thorough in my comment; after almost waiting a year for an update….that’s what makes it disappointing. I have no problem testing, but at the same time it’s not testable if the system won’t boot.

From the Euphony site:

Details of the beta update….

https://euphony-audio.com/v4/stylus-4-beta-v20240208/

• 1 month later...
Just now, genvirt said:

Thanks, but that’s a point I can’t choose it for baking first on boot cause I can’t see it among the devices…. 
This happens not only for euphony preinstalled drive - it’s happens to any doc that I tried to attach.

bios not “see” them… very strange..

Is your Bios default? Maybe try resetting it. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, edwardsean said:

I'm still on the latest version of V.3. I've been happily using it with Tidal, but today all of sudden Euphony is giving me an error. 

Tidal problem: Client with token not found. 

I've tried restarting, rebooting, but nothing helps. 

Has anyone come across this, and know of a fix?

Try re-entering your Log-in credentials. Could also be something on Tidal’s end.

Cheers…Mike