IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

18 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am using AdGuard DNS servers for network wide protection against things kids dont need to see, ads, etc... and I still have this problem.

I just google “problems with AdGuard DNS” quite a few issues with Sonus, YouTube etc. Have you tried turning it off to see if it’s that is causing the issue? 

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WilliamWykeham said:

... also, it looks like there is this thing called Intel Optane for best SQ - assuming I go forward with Euphony should I buy that and then install from the USB drive?  Or stick with regular M2 drive?  I saw a post here about installing the trial software directly onto an optane drive but it requires a linux computer which I don’t have.  

I use 32gb Optane drive for Euphony OS. This is used instead of USB drive. You load Euphony onto USB, once software up & running go to menu system & install the Euphony onto  Optane. Then remove the usb drive.

To my knowledge there is no such thing as Linux computer. Linux is software like windows that can be installed on any computer. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Joerg D said:

Hi there,
did you also notice a change in the sound with today's new release?
For me the bass has increased. But not unpleasant, but in good quality.
I like it .

many Greetings
Joerg

Not listened yet! I’ve got two Optane drives, one for new firmware & one for old. I normally do critical listen before I decide to permanently change to new firmware

12 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

Most likely it's meant to be done manually, maybe they could figure something out and automate that at some point? Let's see how long does it take to fill the queue up then.

BTW, you actually mentioned something like that right here and then they're getting at least part of it done within a month

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/61249-the-ultimate-network-solution/?tab=comments#comment-1096911

Hi, yes talked to Zeljko last night. Basically before you could only buffer & play 2 songs if you pulled out the cable. Now you can buffer & play as many as you like then pull cable out. 

I agree, each track is not worth it. I don’t think people would use it. It probably takes 30 seconds to come back online, depending on network config, people will be checking the app ever few seconds to see if back online.

I’m being selfish here but being able to play, sit back & enjoy is probably the best part for me! 

If not I’ll need to handcuff myself to stop changing tracks! 😂

9 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

See answer below each question

Hi everyone, I am following your 3d with interest and I downloaded the trial version of Euphony and I was very satisfied with the sound compared to Daphile with double pc and I would like to ask you some questions, apologizing if in the long course of 3d they have already been asked:

1) I would like to install the final version on a 32gb Optane, is it big enough?

Yes

2) I have a Pinkfaun i2s bridge, is it compatible with Euphony?

I use Pinkfaun USB card, I also know Nenon has used the i2s bridge whilst using Euphony

3) Has anyone tried the dual PC configuration, are there any benefits for the sound?

Yes, I have two licenses. For me It depends how good your power supply is. Good LPS = 1 box solution. standard PSU or LPS then maybe two box is better solution

4) Are there any differences in sound when using PCs with higher performing hw? broad question, depends

Thank you so much

8 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

Right now I'm having trouble starting up with the trial version. It boots but does not finish the installation and on the monitor it shows that it loads the program but the message EUPHONY never appears and I cannot connect. I also tried to reformat the key but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have another usb drive? That happened to me before, then worked when I changed pen drive

10 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

Sorry for the question but what is the license for? Can I, for example, transfer Euphony to different PCs I have at home? Otherwise, if the PC where it is installed breaks down, what happens, do I have to buy a new license? thanks

Yes, you email Euphony for new license. The previous one will stop working. 

18 minutes ago, al2813 said:

The only thing I had in hand is a 2TB usb drive. Took time to boot the first time but now works well. I would recommend Euphony to change the language in their documentation. 16GB is the minimum but the moment you add Roon it is clearly not sufficient. 

In the AL-Stylus shoot out thread the nuances were there but in my case they are not. Compared to my AL setup, that is not very well tweaked - I only use Ramroot which already improves things quite a bit, Stylus delivers a big improvement in SQ. Bigger stage, more organic sound. Using Roon the difference is there, but using Stylus player - wow this is a killer. I adore the Roon interface, but I am not sure if I will renew my subscription. 

My current server is not NUC based. It has a Jetway nf9m N2930 motherboard. The system drive is a Kingston 240gb mSATA SSD. I am planning to use it for the permanent Euphony system drive when I buy the license (which looks right now a real possibility). I don't think I can use Optan in this setup? 

Why not use Optane for Euphony OS. Then have your music on separate drive. You’ll get better SQ by having your music on a NAS or Separate PC.