IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Smaragdhk said:

on my 10i7 NUC I need to press F10 during boot and then I can select which drive to boot from… I select the USB drive and boot from USB. If I don’t interrupt the boot with F10 it will automatically boot from the internal Femto SSD…

hope this helps…

You can change the boot sequence in bios settings.

If you set usb as first boot choice the Nuc will boot always from usb if connected and compatible, if not it will boot from internal hdd/ssd partition

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help me to understand …

many of you are using Roon, Euphony OS, HQPlayer (embedded?).

Which is the difference using Roon and HQPlayer OS (embedded)?

And what if we remove Roon from the equation and we use Euphony/HQPlayer embedded and Minimserver as library manager? (HQPlayer embedded is UPNP compatible)

And more, what if we remove Euphony OS too and run HQPlayer OS alone with Minimserver?

I don’t really understand which can be the advantage (about Quality of Sound) running Euphony/HQPlayer vs HQPlayer OS?

How can the advantage of Euphony OS be still there using HQPlayer instead of the main Euphony player?

Stefano

My audio system

7 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

I've found that there is very little difference between HQP embedded running on Euphony and HQP running on a bootable, plug and play linux image provided by HQP developer / Jussi for free.

That is what I was thinking …

8 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

If you use Stylus to control HQP, then Stylus only sends playback commands and track links and lets HQP stream all the data and do its own work

This seems the UPNP expected behavior, that would be the same if you use Minimserver, apps like Lumïn, Linn, Kazoo, MConnect or Bubbleupnp (depending on whether you’re using iOS or Android, the first three app need Bubbleupnpserver running), and HQPlayer OS. It’s hard for me to imagine that a UPNP server (Euphony or Minimserver) can be different one each other.

Stefano

My audio system

15 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

I'm not using UPNP in my system today, so difficult to tell for me. It's Stylus/Roon on Euphony -> HQP on Euphony or Jussi's image -> NAA endpoint (Allo Digione Signature running on RopieeeXL)

If Roon is in the equation then RAAT should be the used protocol, but if you remove Roon then UPNP can be the only usable protocol to let Euphony communicate with HQPlayer embedded. That is different from communicating to the endpoint, using HQPlayer and NAA the communication protocol will be anyway the one used by HQPlayer.

I’m using HQPlayer OS embedded and NAA is running on SOtM sMS200/NAA and rpi4/RoPieeeXL/NAA like you. UPNP enters the game only in the communication between Minimserver and HQPlayer embedded, using Lumïn app as control point.

Stefano

My audio system

7 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Help me to understand

… some progress  …

5 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

If Roon is in the equation then RAAT should be the used protocol

I could understand that in the chain Roon —> Euphony Stylus RAAT protocol is not used, Squeezelite protocol is used ( this happens, I suppose, as Euphony is not Roon certified). The alternative HQPlayer Control protocol was more attractive, as Squeezelite protocol has sample rate limitations (max. s.r. 24/192), but it is not usable anymore.

… some fog has dissipated …

Stefano

My audio system