IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, ggetzoff said:

An open letter to Robert Devcic,

Dear Mr. Devcic,

On 19 September, 2019 I purchased a licence from you for Euphony Stylus. At that time, we had a legal binding agreement for this product, established in writing. The other day, you emailed me with an offer to purchase a subscription for a product that I have already purchased. If your organization has developed a new iteration of said product, it does not obviate your support of that product, legally. I do not know how the consumer protection laws work in Croatia, but in the United States, you will be required to support this product: we have an agreement in writing. 

Cleary, you made a business decision to inject a lot of man hours into a new version of Euphony Stylus, and that was your decision, not the consumer. I very much enjoy your product, it is a wonderful product, but there is no legal way forward with your choices and behaviour in this matter. Franky, if this was within the 180-days PayPal protection period, I would seek recourse in that way, but that time has elapsed.

I look forward to hearing how you plan to support this product going forward. Not just for myself, but for all licencees.

Regards,

Greg G.

I’m having trouble understanding what you’re trying to say.

“…we had a legal binding agreement for this product…”

Sure, you gave him money three years ago, he gave you the product three years ago. Done and done. 

I’m willing to bet the product will work for many more years, provided you don’t change to newer hardware. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, TimF said:

Annoyingly moving from a network card direct to the etherregen has taken out my network connection. I think I now have to reinstall Euphony again. Just a heads up for anyone changing network config with V4. 

That doesn’t make sense because the regen is just seen as a switch, unrelated to anything inside the computer. Euphony shouldn’t even know you’re using a regen. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

An article on TechRadar explains the difference between Tidal Hifi and Tidal Hifi Plus:

... HiFi includes songs at a quality of up to 1411kbps (CD quality). This is the same quality you'll get on most basic streaming options. This plan gets you access to Tidal's full library of songs which is currently around 80 million but is constantly growing....

... The other benefit of Tidal HiFi Plus is the different audio types. While HiFi plays at CD quality, this plan boosts the quality to a maximum of 9216kbps. This is part of Tidal's Masters scheme. With this, you'll be getting audio at the level of the original recording. That is the highest possible resolution, or in other words, an unedited version of the song....

https://www.techradar.com/features/tidal-hifi-vs-tidal-hifi-plus

While not all songs play at this maximum rate... I believe this is what you're hearing...

That explanation is very incorrect. 

• 2 months later...