IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I just started using Euphony and Stylus and really like it.

I have noticed that a lot of my album cover art is not showing up.  Is this a known issue?  Is there some way to nudge Stylus to re-read the cover art?  I have run “update music library” but that didn’t do anything.

Second oddity.  For whatever reason I can’t get the CPU temperature to register.  It always shows zero.  The other metrics are fine (CPU utilization, memory, etc.).

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

As far as the CPU temp, from my understanding the OS does not talk to some AMD motherboards properly.    I forgot how to address album art issues.  I am sure that there is something in the app about looking for album art.

Thanks Bob.

I can live without the temperature readings since I know I am ok.  The album cover art issue is annoying and needs resolution.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

Bob are you running in ramroot? Did you choose option to add app config to ramroot? If so that’s the problem. Euphony tell you this on their support page. 

Come out of ramroot, restart & select Ramroot. This time don’t select app config to ramroot. 

I am not running ramroot.

In Stylus, is there any way to sort the artist list by last name?

On a side note, I have found Euphony's tech support to be excellent and very responsive.  I have been going back and forth with Željko Vranić on my cover art issue.  He has been working OT to try to figure it out.

1 minute ago, Johnseye said:

How do you contact Zelijko?  I sent a contact message through their contact webpage and have heard nothing back from them.

I have been corresponding through a Euphony support ticket.

I am running Euphony/Stylus in a single PC setup.  My DAC is connected directly to the server.

Where does one find the change log?

5 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Has anyone gotten a "no space left on device" error in Ephony when trying to ramroot? If so how did you disable ramroot after? I can't access the Euphony setting page after getting the error. 

When you boot to Euphony it asks you if you want to copy files to RAM.  If you don’t answer it assumes (Y)es if the ramroot option has been selected.  However, you can quickly type “N” and it won’t write the root to RAM.

6 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

I have tried that. I press N constantly but it doesn't recognize the keystroke. 

Does the “N” show up on your screen but get ignored?

Just now, Johnseye said:

No.  After the text says to select Y/n it always defaults to Y without any "n" appearing on the screen.  I have tried it with 2 different keyboards.  Euphony does recognize the keystroke at the entry screen where you get the option to select Euphony, Reboot or Poweroff, so I know the keyboards are working through the BIOS at that point.

I would open a support ticket.  He responds very quickly.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the network card bridge mode with a USB DAC?  If so, how did it compare to the USB output?

• 2 weeks later...

When playing music from Qobuz (or Tidal) is there any buffering? I don't see the "i" information icon turn blue like it does for local music.  I thought someone did a review of this and said it does buffer a couple songs but I can't recall where that was written up.

2 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I think you have the best LPS there is, set to full power. You should’ve have any harshness running turbo & HT with DC4. Benefits should be increased dynamics & detail. 

I’ve got SJ DC3 10a version. This allows me to run at 5.0ghz, running HQP.. It’s still breaking in, so need to wait till I find the optimum CPU settings. C&P states turned, HD Audio, Sata controller, USB’s, RGB’s, temp monitoring, all off. Sure they’re others which I can’t remember right now. I also set RAM voltage to required rather than leaving on auto. 

Enjoy! 

Mine is still breaking in as well.

Are C-states turned on or off?  I have the items you listed turned off; network controller as well since I am using a JCAT card.

1 hour ago, flkin said:

Someone else can confirm this but I believe AMD Rizen CPU doesn’t report temperatures proprtly. I had this issue with AudioLinux and now also with Euphony too.

That is correct.  The temps were always zero with my Ryzen.  They are reporting fine in the same setup with an Intel processor.

1 minute ago, Lukasluis said:

If I may ask, how's the SQ of the Ryzen as compared with Intel? I researching for a hardware to run my Euphony license. I have an Intel Nuc817 with an oversized power supply but don't quite like the outcome 

The short answer is “I don’t know yet.”  I haven’t used the Sean Jacobs DC4 with the Ryzen yet.  Once everything is fully broken in I will swap the PCs along with the network card and see how they compare.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that the update disabled RAMROOT.  When I go to re-enable it I am getting a message that it is not be used with Stylus.  Is this new?  I have been using RAMROOT ever since I started using Euphony.

32 minutes ago, dminches said:

I noticed that the update disabled RAMROOT.  When I go to re-enable it I am getting a message that it is not be used with Stylus.  Is this new?  I have been using RAMROOT ever since I started using Euphony.

I was also selecting “copy app” which I shouldn’t have been.  It is working fine now.

I never knew that if you click on the cover art in the “now playing” mode it brings up any associated files.  I have a lot of .txt files in my music directories which give me more information about the recording.  

4 hours ago, Speedy381 said:

I agree with the sound quality k27R, it has gone to pieces for me. It has lost the natural feel and there is less space and musicality. The core temperatures and stress have gone right up, I have had to allocate more cores to Stylus to keep them out of the red continually as this was causing a harshness to the sound. Now to figure out if it will let me go back two releases, or do I have start again?

If you are finding a very big difference in CPU usage then something is not right with your system.  How long did you allow the system to run on the new version before concluding there was an issue?

1 hour ago, Speedy381 said:

I have tried a few reboots over the past couple of days. It starts well then begins to build cpu usage.

Is the system rescanning your library?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Randomrunner said:

Hi, can you share what min - max CPU frequency you used? I think I have the same motherboard as you do, my CPU is i9-9900K.  Best if you could share a screenshot, thanks!

What power supply are you using?  That is what really drives what max CPU frequency will work with your setup.  Before I got my Sean Jacobs DC4 I had to throttle the max frequency back.  After I added the SJ DC4 I didn't have to limit it.

3 hours ago, Randomrunner said:

I have a self-built fanless PC, with:

Streacom DB4 case, Intel i9-9900K, 16GB Ram, and the power supply is:

Streacom ST-ZF240 ZeroFlex 240W Passive PSU.  Any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

Given the power limitations with your power supply I would put the max CPU at 70% and start there.  I would think you would hear some harshness at 80-100%.  It is all trial and error.