IGNORED

Is MQA Vaporware?

51 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Looks like the mainstream press is also regurgitating marketing info. 

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/11/18259957/tidal-master-quality-mqa-ios-support

So much information not included in that article. Most importantly the fact that you would need an external DAC to take advantage of even fake hi-res with an iOS deveice, not to mention that if you are using Bluetooth headphones you shouldn't even bother.

And if you are using Apple's dongle DAC, you would actually be better off with the CD-quality stream.

4 minutes ago, John Eaton said:

Will MQA work on older iPhones?  I have a 6S+.

Has Tidal version 2.7 rolled out nationwide?  My Tidal app shows version 2.6.6 with no update available.

Will my 2018 GMC Sierra Denali with IntelliLink be able to take advantage of MQA files when my iPhone is USB connected?

It will work with an iPhone 6S, but unless you are using an external DAC that supports hi-res you are better off with CD-quality streaming. The same is true for any iPhone.

I was able to download the update last night.

Is the connection to the car stereo bluetooth or USB? If it's bluetooth, you're wasting your time. If it's USB, you are again probably better off with native CD-quality unless your car stereo has a DAC that supports hi-res, which is unlikely.