IGNORED

Bricasti Model 3 DAC

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to ask here quick...

I have my M3 fed by a Raspberry Pi running RopieeeXL with NAA enabled.. But, everything I feed it from HQPlayer Embedded is converted to PCM per the output screen of the M3.  I made sure to have the NDSD filter set to DSD, and my HQPlayer output is set to SDM...I'm at a loss at what's going on.

Just to be sure, I checked, and I am able to play DSD256 via Roon upampling to the M3.  But this is via DoP--I'm wondering if I'm missing a driver or something.

Please show your HQP settings screen here, and note that if you want to run high rates of DSD into the M3, you want to use DoP.

Also note what firmware version your M3 is running and is it the Mdx input board?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

2 minutes ago, barrows said:

Please show your HQP settings screen here, and note that if you want to run high rates of DSD into the M3, you want to use DoP.

Also note what firmware version your M3 is running and is it the Mdx input board?

Well that was a super easy fix---had to check the DoP box.  Never would have thought that. Playing back DSD 256 now.  Thank you @barrows!!!

Just to be complete about things, the M3 I purchased has the MDx input board with firmware 1.06.

The next step is to upgrade my renderer.  I do want a Sonore Signature but that is going to take some time to save up for.

The M3 is exceptionally quiet, I am very impressed so far.

• 8 months later...

Really enjoying my M3W/network card. To folks that have upgraded to the M1/ M1SE can you quantify the improvement?

thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

• 1 month later...