IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

If you don’t upsample, your settings don’t do anything... same with sox

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Yes direct mode and integer are working but not sox since you don’t upsample to anything

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

You don’t need to put settings to izotope or sox if not upsampling 😀

2 hours ago, Deedle said:

Hello.  I also have a Schiit DAC and am reading that it is best not to send anything to it upsampled.  Native is best.  Let it do the work that the upsampling software would do.  Not an expert on this business but am trying to get a grip on it.  So, I don't upsample either and thus the Izotope settings (and Sox) don't apply as I understand.  Cheers

In 3.5 put that at deactivated, no menu will appear

9 hours ago, jimdukey said:

One thing I've learned, there's no possible way I would come up with a Product and sell it

over the Internet

Or post on Facebook or Twitter.

Too many nut cases out there.

And they are ALL Experts.

Amazing.

The difficulty there is to see the real experts from the nuts  :)

Speaking for me, copy_of_a as always been very responsive and help full with plugins choices and upsampling in A+ for details about Izotope, may times he helped people here and other threads...

i also think that Damien should not be alone now after being released on PC platform and now finally with 3.5 on Mac... He is too big now to be little  :)

Yes, not being able to copy or save his license when purchased something is strange  :)

Also like people not being able to find old settings in new Audirvana interface also is strange...

It took less then 5 minutes too see all menus in Audirvana or on the Apple menu bar of Audirvana

or click anything in the interface for new icon to see all of them... Don't download Photoshop or InDesign...

you will get lost for sure there if you'll get lost in Audirvana :)

25 minutes ago, Jud said:

+1

Always a balance.  Additional developers like to be paid. :)  So how much do you want to spend for Audirvana?

Damien is the developer, i'm good with him... paid for him...

with his company going bigger, i think he can afford a designer, someone who can respond to... here

or at audirana.com, licensing bug, blah blah blah... and let Damien do his thing more focused, and don't have to deal with icon and layout... :)

Nothing against you my friend, just about people not looking a bit before seeing something new and not trying to see what they are not used to before making complains. I made a lot of complains in lay out or bugs not happy to me to Damien in beta downloading testing, not all changed now, but i'm i all good at what i say to him, can't say ?

but i can't find anything at first that wasn't there in 3.2.x that is not there in 3.5...

Yes layout changed, is it better or less for all of you ? but all the options from 3.2.x to 3.5 are there for sure (i think :) )

50 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@AudioDoctor @RunHomeSlow my sentiments exactly see my post #708 BYW do either of you have any thoughts of my question on post#713? Seems to have been ignored among all the complaints mine is just a question.

the new montra for A+3.5 should be KISS

Can't help you with that bug and not able to play MQA files

7 minutes ago, JML said:

I still cannot import m3u playlists in 3.5.7.

How you cannot ?

working fine here, can select as many as i want or all, or just one...

1.jpg

2.jpg

On remote, press 1 sec or 2 on pause, will bring stop button

Found not too stable either, even when refreshing cover albums view, the music could stutter (not always), clicking a long playlist is long and music playing could buzz and stutter, look like the covers are not cache ever, and music is not cached also since i'm not using plugins, upsampling or Direct Mode hack...and song is all loaded in a second at beginning... didn't try to unplug my Hard drive to see if the song still play after... Mmmm

Select tracks where they are, select three dots on left of tracks selected... add to play queue.

Why not syncing while playing ? never bugged me.

Same with optimizing options, two out of three options, doesn't bug either... only third option have to close A+.

i have one drive with music on..

When i put a new CDs in a folder of it, Audirvana sync by default... that is good,

if for whatever reason it doesn't, same with JRiver, i hit the reload button or sync in Audirvana

and it help syncing faster... i don't do backup while playing music or copying my Audirvana database for backup while music is playing, i wait till it is shut down for sure...

When i do a clone of my music or macOS system i surely not doing anything else while at it  :)

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

The database is set to sync every time I turn on Audirvana

i turn Audirvana on in the morning and close it at night when going to sleep...

today i had 3 Kansas albums before going to work and going back from work add 2 Roland Kirk CDs...

i don't do backup or online backups while things are going on...

Maybe once a month a get back home from my father my hard drives for backups and update them :)

i'm pretty sure something with refreshing is bugging with Audirvana...

like your Tidal database maybe, or mine with song played not refreshing or albums covers loading

all the time you click somewhere... you click an album played it doesn't say it was played all songs once,

but if you go a different path, then back to that album, you will see that those songs were played once...

• 3 weeks later...

it seems i have also that running...

CPU load is 97% idle while playing a CD so no problem there,

but memory is strange, since i have only 16gb of it...

Screen Shot 2019-06-01.jpg

WindowServer what does it do in a Mac ?

32 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

WindowServer what does it do in a Mac ?

Asked Google :)

Yes my HQPlayer works as usual and JRiver also...

The .ktext remains from Apple... not tricked, it just put an older version of it in a newer system.

@damien78 Again tonight when i click my library while a song is playing, it started to tick or buzz while it is loading cover previews like i said before with you... still remains with last version.

Pretty sure now that someone pointed out the WindowServer and Memory used thing. Again tonight it happen when i clicked back library while playing a .dsf file, supposedly loaded into memory, ticking or buzzing while loading covers. took a picture of Activity Monitor (first pict) then shut down Audirvana and restart it just after and took another picture of Activity Monitor (second pict)... way different memory used. Couple of songs later with same CD playing, memory is still at same level like normal :) (third pict).

Something with not loading window into cache or covers library not cached when no changes has occured might be happening... Even if it is not that, my file is supposed to be fully loaded into memory no?, so nothing is supposed to stop it from playing then !?

No plugins involved, no upsampling also, just playing files like they should... MacMini i5, 10.14.15, 16gb memory, no other things happening at the same time, except looking at it with Screen Sharing with my 27in late 2013 iMac also on 10.14.5

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 23.02.52.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 23.04.27.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 23.24.57.jpg

Just to give you more info, it is last song playing... memory is growing on Window Server and Audirvana also...

clicking my library was not ticking this time or buzzing, loaded faster, but memories is growing on both...

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 23.43.38.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 23.43.27.jpg