IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

13 hours ago, bnbayer said:

I don't see this. Low Level Playback Options only has memory allocated for tracks to preload. Where is Mute During Sample Change?

Low level playback options.jpg

That's really strange. Are you changing all sample rates to one sample rate? I can't think of another reason this would be happening.

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, bnbayer said:

No. I play all files at their native sample rate. No upsampling, downsampling, or format changes.

Perhaps because Audirvana is outputting to ethernet (UPnP) the options are different.

That's probably the likely culprit.

No electron left behind.

I know you can turn off the security features, however, even if you do that, the T2 chip is also the audio controller so I don't know if it will work, additionally, you would need to keep the security features disabled as far as I know.

edit: this is one of the motivations for my move to network audio versus a direct connection.

No electron left behind.

Yep, working just fine, I had zero problems migrating from time machine .

It just takes some time for the album covers to load, and the computer goes through a lot of optimizing and such as well. I let it run overnight and it has settled down some. Also a few bugs right now that keep CPU use higher than it should be.

edit: I opened Music again and the album covers are gone again...  sigh.  The fun of Beta software.

No electron left behind.

Hmm, Catalina really locks down the system files. I'm not sure the Direct Mode hack will be do-able anymore. The good news is that even without it Catalina and Audirvana are sounding wonderful. 

Basically, Catalina puts the important system files in their own container so they can't be messed with and they are read only. To get it working will take someone more knowledgable about this stuff than I am.

No electron left behind.

In the interests of science, I ended up needing to redo the installation of the Beta of Catalina. I did an absolute clean install. I did not recover from a time machine back up or anything, I did it all manually. This morning I decided to set up Audirvana again. I downloaded 3.5.12 apparently, because as soon as I opened it, it said there was an update to 3.5.13. However, when I tried to upgrade I get this window. Has anyone seen this before? 3.5.12 is working just fine.

Damien?

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.57.16 AM.png

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

In the interests of science, I ended up needing to redo the installation of the Beta of Catalina. I did an absolute clean install. I did not recover from a time machine back up or anything, I did it all manually. This morning I decided to set up Audirvana again. I downloaded 3.5.12 apparently, because as soon as I opened it, it said there was an update to 3.5.13. However, when I tried to upgrade I get this window. Has anyone seen this before? 3.5.12 is working just fine.

Damien?

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.57.16 AM.png

6 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Might needs allowing app in like in mojave in apple prefs menu can’t remember.., security settings ? At the job now

Quoting myself here just to follow up and answer RunHomeSlow. I managed to get Audirvana to update and it did have something to do with Apple blocking, but it probably shouldn't have. I found the answer here:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/363245/firefox-developer-edition-and-others-not-opening-in-macos-catalina

I bring this up so @damien78 can either figure out if this is just a Beta bug or if this is something he needs to look into with Audirvana and Catalina going forward.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.18.14 PM.png

No electron left behind.

9 hours ago, Giacomino said:

Hi, many times it happens to me that Audirvana pauses by itself at the end of the track at about 8-9 seconds and I have to manually go to the next track, does it happen to you too? I have the latest version.

Yes, it has been doing that for some time. It isn't related to system ram, it's a bug in Audirvana and it is really annoying.

No electron left behind.

23 minutes ago, jp11801 said:

any idea how to get your license  key if you can't find the email from your last purchase? I have Audirvana but can't find the email with the dang key anywhere

Send an email to support or message to Damien here?

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, phosphorein said:

I have never encountered this issue with hours of listening on Qobuz and Tidal. Audirvana is set up with no up-sampling or system optimization.

I don't know what causes it, but I have plenty of RAM and it happens here on my Mini which does nothing but play music and allow me to control it over the network. 

edit: After being on for a bit, I have 11.65GB of RAM, out of a total of 16GB, free. How much more do you think I need?

No electron left behind.

43 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Good point.  By that I mean I’ve removed all non audio related apps, reduced the dock, cleared the desktop, that sort of thing in order to maximize audio using the existing power.  Some of the things discussed here, though I did not do the terminal command stuff.  Which is to say, my Mac is not overburdened by other processes, its entirely devoted to audio, giving even less excuse for the A+ sluggishness.

ok, at this point I would do a clean installation of OSX with none of these optimizations and see if the problem persists.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, stewartg said:

I can only assume the problems I’m having with 3.5 are problems inherent with this version as so far the old version works fine as it always did before

why I and others have the same problems when some others do not I have no idea

Maybe it’s to do with how the update was performed, maybe us non computer-heads needed better instructions for installing the update

Who knows but I’d love some help and answers although for me as I said I see no advantage in 3.5 even if it did work properly it doesn’t sound any better

Here is my update process, and I have nearly no problems, ever.

When I get the pop up telling me there is an update available and asking me if I want to install and relaunch, I say yes.

Thats it.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, JoshM said:

Hmmm... This might explain why the hack didn't work on my new Mac Mini. I'd successfully done the hack several times each on two previous Macs and had no issues. 

It probably is, the T2 chip, other than being a security feature, also takes the place of a lot of previous discrete controllers on the board, one of which is the audio controller. This "feature" is why I moved to network functionality rather than direct USB.

No electron left behind.

27 minutes ago, matthias said:

Is there also an increase in SQ when moving from direct USB to network functionality with Audirvana?

Thanks

Matt

I think it depends on what you were using previously via USB and what you choose as a network interface. I have also not used Audirvana as a network player. I use ROON.

No electron left behind.