IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Just wanted to remark that I’ve been running Audirvana 24 hours a day for 5 days breaking in new equipment (shuffle mostly, occasionally selecting a specific track), and reliability has been excellent. I think the remote got stuck without being able to go to the next song one time, that’s it. (I did notice a couple of times the wrong album covers showing in a playlist on the remote app, but scrolling the viewport fixed that.)

Very nice to have everything work near perfectly for over 100 hours!

So what’s the new equipment you are burning in?

😀

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

9 hours ago, matthias said:

EtherRegen?

I bet 😀

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, brianlg said:

One of the things I loved about Roon (no longer subscribed) was that you could build a collection of music combining local albums as well as albums from Tidal/Qobuz. For example, my "Best Albums of 2019" list could contain albums from Tidal as well as local files that aren't on Tidal. I cannot find a way to do this with Audirvana as making a playlist I cannot combine local and Tidal. Will this be a feature in the future? Would anyone else want this? Doesn't need to be a "playlist", but some way to tag collections. 

+1

2 hours ago, greyscale said:

I posted this question on the A+ forum, And am posting this question here as well. Is it possible to add internet radio or,even Tunein to A+?.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, mevdinc said:

+1

Yes I can do it on my Mac mini using Chord Mojo.

39 minutes ago, routlaw said:

Thats the first I have heard of Macs not ordinarily doing DSD 256.

My DAC is the Holo Spring Level 1, with Itona USB isolator into a SingXer SU-1 outputting I2S into the Spring DAC all being fed from my MacBook Pro.

I have been using Audirvana almost since its inception, but used Pure Music before that, and of course iTunes all the way back to the turn of the century on the first OS X release. IOW's while I'm not new to this by any means I fail to obtain better sound with upsampling. 

However I will admit there is such an bewildering array of settings within Sox most likely I have not implemented the best settings. I'm also willing to admit I don't enjoy trying an unlimited amount of configurations. At best its tedious.

I also have an Oppo 203, have used it with analog outs, as well as Coax out and HDMI out to another DAC. The outputs sound different but its very subjective to which is best if there is a winner.

Thanks

In order to upsample to DSD 256 over DOP, your DAC need to be able to accepts PCM up to 768KHz (actually 705.6KHz).

I can do it with my Chord Mojo through USB input but, I don’t hear any difference in sound.  It sounds actually better with PCM without any upsampling since Chord DAC upsample the signal anyways.

Also I get a high pitch sound when I stop/pause the playback when I upsample to anything above PCM 384KHz or DSD 128. Not sure why.

With my Oppo HA-1 I did hear a difference when upsampling to DSD 128.  It sounded smoother but I am not sure if that sound was actually correct to original recording.  I did like it though and always upsample to DSD.  Since I got the Chord, HA-1 is just become a preamp.  Chord Mojo is just better in every way.

1 hour ago, jimdukey said:

Don't you need a separate driver, like ASIO for DSD256?

The Mac  won't do it without something like that, or the super high PCM rate like the RME ADI-2.

The current Myteks won't do DSD 256 on Mac, for example.

Any way, that's just what I've read and maybe misunderstood.

No I do not need any special driver since I don’t do native DSD.  You don’t need any driver for DSD over DOP.

What is the maximum PCM rate that your DAC accepts?  

For DSD over DOP at DSD 256,  your DAC need to accept PCM at 768KHz.  

If your DAC max out at 384KHz then the max DSD you can do is 128.

Chord Mojo can accept 768KHz signal.

I have a new issue @damien78

Using A+ app, if I do a search for a track on tidal or qobuz, tapping ... will not give me album or the artist options to jump to.

I think this was not the case before the new update and I was able to jump to artist or the album from track search.

Can you please have a look at this?

Thanks for your much appreciated help.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, damien78 said:

Thanks for this report. This was not available in previous releases, but will be in next one.

Seasons Greetings and Marry Christmas.

Thanks @damien78

Can u also have the MQA and HighRez logos appear for all conditions in Tidal Qobuz?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 3:35 PM, bnbayer said:

There's also a forum here for the Rendu, I think. With my microRendu I find I sometimes have to go back to the app switcher and re-select DLNA, even though it says it's already selected.

+1

I have to always restart the DLNA renderer from miroRendu app when I start my Mac otherwise I don’t get sound even if A+ says it’s connected to microRendu.  Once I restart it then I get no issues streaming from Mac to microRendu.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @damien78

I see a new minor issue with remote.

If I look at new albums on Tidal, and switch to tracks, changing from New to Staff Picks or Top 20 will not change the list.  I have to change from track to album and back to track to see a change.  This is not the case with album view, just track view has this issue.