IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

I downloaded Audirvana 3.5.4 yesterday onto my Mac mini 2018 (MacOS Mojave 10.14.4, i7, 3.2 GHz). Installation and everything went fine. I have my library stored on a Samsung T5 2TB external SSD. Now when I start a track, Audirvana tries to play it, but stops immediately after initiating play. Very annoying! Has anyone observed a similar phenomenon? I should add that the previous Audirvana version ran perfectly fine with exactly the same setup. Any feedback is highly appreciated! Thanks!

38 minutes ago, damien78 said:

You may want to reset the preferences files that may have been damaged, especially if both 3.2 and 3.5 have been launched simultaneously.
Can you then delete your preferences by entering in Terminal application the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Please note you'll be asked for your license key when you'll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

Did that and Audirvana now plays perfectly!

Thanks for your help, Damien, very much appreciate the swift response!

• 5 months later...

I am streaming Audirvana from my Mac Mini to a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ropieee XL that is then connected to my Devialet Expert 120. Works like a charm (BTW the Raspi is FED with the new Shanti LPS). Since I like the sound so much, I am thinking of investing into Allo‘s new USBridge Signature. Does anyone know of the USBridge Sig will run properly with Ropieee XL? Thanks for any input!

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, odelay said:

Seasons greetings to all 🎄🙂

I have been really enjoying the sound I'm getting from 3.5+.

However, I have struggled with persistent duplicates (on Sierra). I thought I had solved this by adding new files whilst Audirvana is shut down, but alas... Creating new libraries every few weeks seems to help, but new duplicates (of old files) continue popping up.. or perhaps, it takes a few weeks to spot them (usually doubling of tracks within an album, but sometimes a doubling of albums)... Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

As upsampling to DSD and hardware came up, does anyone think there would be much to gain by upgrading my 2010 Mac mini? 

My  8gb of RAM, booted to an SD card (Audirvana running from RAM disk) works. However, it does struggle upsampling to DSD 128... but it generally works...  (max for my DAC that’s limited to 384KHz).

Being the bankrupt Scrooge that I am, I’m considering a Hackintosh option. 

I may also try moving back to Windows-land ... so I may upsample to DSD 256 (max for DAC), boot from RAM... but was still recovering from the trauma of living with XP through the decade of my uni years... eek. I am curious about Linux, though. Damien - any plans to release a Linux version? 🤞🙃🙏 

I have been considering something like this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Newest-Fanless-Mini-PC-with-8th_60824344126.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.5da32287JK2DFN

However, I would ideally want one with two LAN ports (as I go direct to an ultraRegen) and an SD card reader... but presume I could use USB adapters (like I do now for the mini’s second LAN port). 

May the music bring the holiday cheer to all and sundry 🙂

Oh, a Linux version would be soooo great!!!!

Merry Xmas to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ellsworth said:

Happy New Year to all.  I recently inserted an UltraRendu into the system.   I am able to get Roon and HQP to recognize the UltraRendu but A+ (3.5.7) does not.  When trying to select an audio device, the only option available  is "Built-in device". 

My setup is:  2012 MacMini (i7 processor running El Capitan) > router > MOCA ethernet converter > Ultra Rendu > Holo Audio Spring DAC.   

I am using the A+ app and also run  VNC viewer to operate the Mac headlessly.   Is there some trick or setting that I need to tweak in A+ in order for it to find the UltraRendu?   Any comments are appreciated.

Audirvana should be able via MDP/DNLA to recognize the Ultrarendu. See

https://community.audirvana.com/t/audirvana-sonore-ultrarendu-vs-direct-usb-to-auralic-vega/1695

Maybe the Audirvana Forum can help?

Regards

14 minutes ago, Ellsworth said:

According to the A+ website, there shouldn't be a router between the Mac and the UPNP device.  If that is the case, I don't see any way to get this to work.  The Mac is directly connected to the router and the UltraRendu is on a different floor of the house.   I have checked the A+ forum and am hoping to get some help there.  Fingers are crossed.

But the UltraRendu is connected to the same router as your Mac, correct?

I have a USBridge Signature connected to the router that goes then via USB into my Devialet. Audirvana recognizes the USBridge via the Network Ethernet pad. I am running RopieeeXL on the USBridge. So quite a different setup from yours, but Audirvana copes perfectly with it.

I keep my fingers crossed that either the Audirvana or Sonore people come up with a solution!

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, macuniverse said:

How about starting with simple fixes? Something like channel balance, time delays, speaker distance settings , crossovers, etc. Plugins you guys mention are quite expensive (more expensive than Audirvana itself) and, in most cases, they are overkill. Their key market is audio mastering/mixing, studio/DAW users.

A good example to have a look is JRiver room correction options. Something similar would be most appreciated.

My 2c

REW is free, as @Jud mentions. All you need is a calibrated mic, which isn’t that expensive.

As equalizer, I mentioned Fab Filter. Agreed, this one is expensive. But Audirvana accepts simple Mac plugins as well that come with MacOS.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, yukio said:

I consider it a great limit of A + remote control that does not allow to reverse the signal polarity. I use a Mac mini and to change the polarity of the signal I am forced to connect it to a monitor and go to Audirvana’s preferences. It would be a great thing to be able to make that change directly from A + remote control. 

I have been asking for the implementation of this important function for almost two years but I am not being answered.

Is it a function that nobody else cares about?

You could install TeamViewer to get access to your Mac.

I was always wondering why one would want to reverse signal polarity. I someone can enlighten me?