IGNORED

Any Way To Search This Field In Roon

1 hour ago, ddetaey said:

In album view, select Focus, and then Format (at the right, probably you have to move the screen view to the left).

This works for all formats I have, so I assume Xrcd should be selectable as well

Dirk

Hi Dirk - This isn't a format, it's something auto generated by Roon based on my album name / folder structure. Also, XRCD isn't a format that appears in the focus.

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 12.34.37 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 1/15/2019 at 11:13 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have a bunch of albums with XRCD24 Audio Wave in this field, but I can't find a way to search the field. I could adjust the title of the album, but I still have to find the albums among 21,000 albums. 

I don't think you can search the "version" field. I always found that strange, but perhaps they don't want you to search it because people use it in so many different ways. All I can suggest (since it is in your folder naming system) is to search your folder system using the finder or windows explorer, identify the albums and just tag them in Roon as "XRCD24". Searching for tags works really well. I don't know what else to do.

1 minute ago, paul30d said:

I don't think you can search the "version" field. I always found that strange, but perhaps they don't want you to search it because people use it in so many different ways. All I can suggest (since it is in your folder naming system) is to search your folder system using the finder or windows explorer, identify the albums and just tag them in Roon as "XRCD24". Searching for tags works really well. I don't know what else to do.

That's exactly what I started doing yesterday. (Not so) Great minds think alike :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, paul30d said:

Did some searching in the Roon knowledge base. You can search within file paths in the tracks view. This will do it:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:How_can_I_find_tracks_by_path%3F

Just tried it and it works. Still best to add a tag once you have found all the albums.

Nice!