IGNORED

Phasure Australia

Question

11 answers to this question

David @Audiophile Neuroscience, No distributors in Australia or anywhere for that matter. No Phasure Mach III in Australia either, as far as I recall. Lush is everywhere. DAC is everywhere too (but a bit less :/).

I have no real possibility to search the for me unknown areas (regions) in Australia, so it isn't even easy to answer. Maybe Anthony @acg is better informed (for the NOS1 DAC I'd think so).

Unless people answer themselves, it may not be a good idea to deal with this in public. Btw, not in private either. However, 

sales

phasure

com

will be waiting for your questions. :)

Regards,

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Hey David,

I have the dac and the original Lush cable and Mach II but have not gone for the Mach III or Lush^2 as yet.  You are welcome to drop in if you ever get to Qld.  Or give me a call, or send me an email...we've talked before.

Cheers,

Anthony

Hi David, Anthony (@acg) is obviously closer to you than I am, but feel free to shoot any questions across and I'll answer them as honestly as I can.

I find the 'Phasure community' to be one of the most interesting and enjoyable in this hobby, and it'd be great to have you be part of it.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

9 hours ago, acg said:

Hey David,

I have the dac and the original Lush cable and Mach II but have not gone for the Mach III or Lush^2 as yet.  You are welcome to drop in if you ever get to Qld.  Or give me a call, or send me an email...we've talked before.

Cheers,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Yes I now recall our conversation in 2017 (after I looked at my PM's, my memory is not that good haha). Did you ever get those horn speakers built?

Thanks for the kind offer to visit you in Qland. IIRC there was also someone in the eastern suburbs of Sydney (Bellevue Hill?) that owned Phasure gear. My offer also stands about coming to my place ( Alex (SandyK) visits from time to time also).

I was keen to hear the Stealth 111 especially in my system. I built my own pc server using server grade mobo and cpu, fanless HDPlex,linear ps etc but can obviously only achieve so much with limited resources and knowledge. As I need to replace my everyday desktop I was thinking of simply replacing it with my HDPlex and then buying the Stealth 111 for my audio system.

I still might do that just on spec. The only other component I have ever bought without directly auditioning in my system was a Gryphon Mephisto amp. As it was replacing the Gryphon Antileon I thought it was a fair bet ( and the price was too good to refuse). I also have the Gryphon Kalliope which is better than anything else I have ever heard and would never replace it unless it was bested by a DAC I heard in my sytem. Stuart Ralston from SGR may bring the MSB Select DAC one day (he assures me it is in another league to other MSB DACS which I generally dont like). He has flown up from Melbourne to audition some of his gear for a friend in Sydney. I flew down to see him to listen to the Vivid speakers.

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Hi guys,

If I may ask how does the the Stealth 111 physically connect to music sources eg need a NAS to source the music, does it employ a network renderer etc.

From the PC it would go mobo usb to Lush cable to DAC. No usb gadgets or cards? I presume the phasure dac is not per-requiste (but maybe desirable 😉)

I gather it uses a RAM based OS with some sort of strip down of the OS (like AO but different).

I gather that now HQPlayer can be used or is used.I am keen to try XXHE and HQP instead of JRiver.

Many thanks in advance

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Hi David,

Music is generally stored on another computer on the network or on a NAS, but most people just use another computer.  The Stealth MIII is direct ethernet connected to another (normal) computer and is not connected to a network switch or the internet, just that one computer.  

MusicServer (normal computer with music files) >> ethernet cable (no network switch) >> Stealth Mach III >> USB Cable >> Dac

If you use the NOS1a dac then zero PC gadgets are required (they sound worse), just plug the usb cable into a slot on the AudioPC mobo with the other end going to the NOS1a.  

The RAM-OS disk is a marvel in itself.  XXHE strips the os to virtually nothing, it goes much further than AO ever did and sounds much better.  Seriously, just click a button in XXHE and the OS is rebooted/restored to normal with all services functioning just like in a normal office pc.  Click that button again in XXHE and it strips the OS down again.  You can even switch between OS's using XXHE...I think Peter might have half a dozen or so operating systems on the RAM-OS disk and they all sound different.

In his second system, Mani has used HQPlayer for Roon integration but when SQ matters XXHE wins out, but does not integrate with Roon, only Tidal.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony that's exactly what I needed to know and sounds great.

So the Phasure DAC is not prerequisite to get the benefits upstream from the server. The Stealth MIII should be equally compatible with any downstream DAC. Whatever DAC sounds better, in and of itself, will produce the best result.

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

2 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Thanks Anthony that's exactly what I needed to know and sounds great.

So the Phasure DAC is not prerequisite to get the benefits upstream from the server. The Stealth MIII should be equally compatible with any downstream DAC. Whatever DAC sounds better, in and of itself, will produce the best result.

Cheers

David

That was supposed to be a question (not a statement). IOW my 'concern' is somehow needing the Phasure DAC to make it all work properly.

Sound Minds Mind Sound