IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Oh, no, you can use the SD card, then.

I have to remember how to do it.  I think it's very simple.  Go to System Base Config and Samba Share.  Use the drop-down menus to share "media".  Go to your PC and connect to the Allo's IP address.  The credentials are "root" and "gentooplayer".  Then you can add albums to the SD card.

You might have to mount the large partition on the Allo first.

System Base Config

Mount Local Disk

Choose sda, then sda2 or the larger partition, name it "Music" and enable loading and execute.

Then go to Samba Share and share the Music folder.

ok ill have to get help with that later. Im still waiting for my Username n password . 
Then i have to update, select dac(?) install audirvana etc
when i install audirvana how do i put in my email and password for it? As well as Qobuz 

Still sooo much to do. 
and then also Local media 

6 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Yeah, saturday so antonio probably too busy for registration atm. 
I am using USB out 

He's pretty prompt, though he's in Italy.  You should hear in the next few hours.  USB output should be default for Gentooplayer, but you can use Select DAC to set it, wouldn't hurt.

3 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

thanks installing gmrenderer and audirvana studio now. 

other thing i may need help with is installing music from my pc, to my Gentoo Player 256gb microSD card to have local audio onboard. 

You can't copy music to the same SD-card where the system is, or rather you shouldn't, you may have several problems, like with the ramsystem function, either put the music on another medium and then mount the disk, or mount a network share.  (system base config > Mount Local Disk or Mount Remote Disk)

7 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

ok so with mount remote disk , will that allow the player to see the music on home pc? 

if your disk is shared on the local network...

2 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Ok so i installed GMRender, does it require any Config/setup

yes, Player/Audio setting

3 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Same as Audirvana studio. How do i login to it 

https://community.audirvana.com/t/beta-audirvana-for-linux-and-nas/40733/1

Hi @antonellocaroli - I've just upgraded from v8.3 to v8.6 and my Allo Usbridge Signature is no longer being found.

This only seems to be a problem with the realtime kernels. The Digione Signature is installed in a USBridge so I've used the specific USBridge gentooplayer installation. It all works fine until I select a RT kernel (I've tried RT-ST and RT-Min-nograph-eup and neither work). The standard ST kernel and Ultra-eup both work fine.

Home system -> system info doesn't show any audio cards with the RT kernels, but it does when I use a non-RT kernel.

Thanks for your help. The RT kernels were working fine in v8.3.

15 minutes ago, RichardT said:

Hi @antonellocaroli - I've just upgraded from v8.3 to v8.6 and my Allo Usbridge Signature is no longer being found.

This only seems to be a problem with the realtime kernels. The Digione Signature is installed in a USBridge so I've used the specific USBridge gentooplayer installation. It all works fine until I select a RT kernel (I've tried RT-ST and RT-Min-nograph-eup and neither work). The standard ST kernel and Ultra-eup both work fine.

Home system -> system info doesn't show any audio cards with the RT kernels, but it does when I use a non-RT kernel.

Thanks for your help. The RT kernels were working fine in v8.3.

RT kernels on Rpi3, and therefore also on AlloUsbridge, are no longer supported. They only work with some usb dacs and some hat dacs.
is an old kenel