IGNORED

GentooPlayer

13 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

RT kernels on Rpi3, and therefore also on AlloUsbridge, are no longer supported. They only work with some usb dacs and some hat dacs.
is an old kenel

Ah, thanks. I did see that they are fairly old kernels. I can stick to v8.3 for now.

Maybe I need some new hardware!?!? Slightly off topic, but has anyone else moved on from the Digione signature (I want coax output) and got any recommendations? I have tried the Digione sig in a standard Pi4 but it didn't sound as good, presumably due to the other improvements Allo made to the motherboard.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Make a post at the second....😁
If you have Audirvana active other players on that audio output will not work, audirvana as well as Hqplayer take the audio output exclusively...

Im not running anything. Audirvana from GP using my phone to control works fine. 

But on PC, Neither Audirvana nor HQplayer show it as an end point / output .  Maybe an MPD issue? or a GMRenderer setting

On the gentoo player MPD bit perfect page the holo dac is selected.

3 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Im not running anything. Audirvana from GP using my phone to control works fine. 

But on PC, Neither Audirvana nor HQplayer show it as an end point / output .  Maybe an MPD issue? or a GMRenderer setting

Let me try to explain

1) if you have Audirvana enabled in enable/disable softawre, other players on the audio output set in audirvana will not work, if you have to use other players you have to disable Audirvana.

2) HQplayer to see the endpoint, on the endpoint you have to enable Networkaudiod..

..I made a new installation on my system (8.6) the installation was flawlessly, but gp-update runs on [FAILED UP]

..the registration with my keys was also succesfully!

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

2 minutes ago, abase said:

..I made a new installation on my system (8.6) the installation was flawlessly, but gp-update runs on [FAILED UP]

..the registration with my keys was also succesfully!

1.Configure your Timezone
   System Configure Base > Set TimeZone
   if you see errors, don't worry, it's normal.

2.Reboots the system

3.After reboot wait a few minutes

4.Re-enter your registration credentials

5.Try GP-Update again

34 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Try GP-Update again

..thank you, it works!

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

2 hours ago, KenMoreira said:

ill stop it and reboot. not worth the fight.

You shouldn't need to install Samba.  You just go to System Base Config and Samba Share.  But like I said you may need to mount the extra partition in Mount Local Disc.  I've always mounted it, named it "Music", then shared it with Samba Share.

Hi I already have Gentooplayer installed at my Streamer End (Magna Mano MKII / RPI 3B+ based).

Now I am waiting for the delivery of a Mini PC to act as a server. It is based on AMD Ryzen 7730U (Zen 3). I wanted to prepare for installation of my new server. But I have absolutely no idea which of 5 files to flash via Etcher. Could anyone point me to the right one? Thanks in advance. Simon

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-29 om 09.33.58.png

Hello everyone,

I am testing HQPlayer embedded and I wander if it is possible to select the Diretta (target) in the output ? I only see ALSA and NAA in output option, but I don't know if Alsa driver refers to Diretta target and how to select it ? And I don't know if this is a consistent way to do it :)

Everything is ok with HQplayer desktop and Diretta Asio driver on my laptop (windows OS).

Thanks all

Holo Red > Hugo TT2 > NAIM NAC 282 + NAP 250DR + Hicap DR > Dynaudio Sp40

Gentooplayer

2 ore fa, Xantores ha detto:

Ciao a tutti,

Sto testando HQPlayer incorporato e mi chiedo se sia possibile selezionare Diretta (destinazione) nell'output? Vedo solo ALSA e NAA nell'opzione di output, ma non so se il driver Alsa si riferisce al target Diretta e come selezionarlo? E non so se questo è un modo coerente per farlo :)

It's possible. In ALSA backend I see the Target App and select it. At the top you must select the ALSA backend and not network audio.

5 hours ago, Vennesch said:

Hi I already have Gentooplayer installed at my Streamer End (Magna Mano MKII / RPI 3B+ based).

Now I am waiting for the delivery of a Mini PC to act as a server. It is based on AMD Ryzen 7730U (Zen 3). I wanted to prepare for installation of my new server. But I have absolutely no idea which of 5 files to flash via Etcher. Could anyone point me to the right one? Thanks in advance. Simon

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-29 om 09.33.58.png

-UEFI Embedded System version

7 hours ago, Progman said:

It's possible. In ALSA backend I see the Target App and select it. At the top you must select the ALSA backend and not network audio.

Yes but I only see my audio cards with these options (holo audio / src-dx). But not directly a name like "Target App : xxxx " 

Gentooplayer

@antonellocaroli Hello, do you know how to access my music files located on my NAS with HQplayer Embedded (Library>Path) ? do I need to configure something in the Gentooplayer directories and how ? Because it is impossible to enter the access path directly (ex: smb:\\NAS\music\).

Thank you very much

Gentooplayer

40 minutes ago, Xantores said:

@antonellocaroli Hello, do you know how to access my music files located on my NAS with HQplayer Embedded (Library>Path) ? do I need to configure something in the Gentooplayer directories and how ? Because it is impossible to enter the access path directly (ex: smb:\\NAS\music\).

Thank you very much

Hooo I think I have found something...I have create a directory in /mnt/Samba/music_NAS with "Samba Share" and I have mount a remote drive which refers to the NAS dir to /mnt/Samba/music_NAS (auto_cifs option). And I have put the /mnt/Samba/music_NAS in the library Path of HQplayer Embedded. 

I don't know if all these steps are mandatory but I see the files in HQplayerControl and can play them with smb protocol : hourra !

But I hope that my 5To data will not be copy in the Holo red 😅 And it is just a symbolic link !!

Gentooplayer