IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Yes I just tried as I was analyse your issue !

Like mconnect, or bubble upnp, or so many others : there are many alternatives...

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

9 hours ago, PML said:

Now I use 

Target Diretta as RAM end point with 2 cpu isolated (the 2 other for System)

Host 1 CPU system, (1-3 isolated) -> 1CPU Mpd, 1 CPU Upmpdcli, 1 CPU Diretta Alsa Host

Sound really well

Will try!

For target: do you use two cpu for Diretta target?

53 minutes ago, Auke said:

Will try!

For target: do you use two cpu for Diretta target?

Yes

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

1 hour ago, Wladimir said:

You can think about it in some other way. If you buy the CLTO license, you directly support the developers and motivate them in doing the fantastic job with all the latest updates and impeccable support, which they're providing. I suspect that many of people here can spare €40 even for a marginal improvement, especially considering the long-term cost of the whole evolution of our systems.

+1

In fact improovement of SQ of my system month after month with GP is far better than small hardware tweak that cost far more than 40€... In fact some time it can be better than a real hardware rise... GP really worth money.

4 minutes ago, PML said:

+1

In fact improovement of SQ of my system month after month with GP is far better than small hardware tweak that cost far more than 40€... In fact some time it can be better than a real hardware rise... GP really worth money.

And 6.8.1 CTLO is really really nice

55 minuti fa, PML ha detto:

E 6.8.1 CTLO è davvero davvero carino

Reading your latest comments I would be curious to try CLTO but I would like to understand if it is better on the endpoint or on the server.
I'm using Gentooplayer+Roon server+ Diretta host on NUC and Diretta target on Rpi 4.

7 minutes ago, Progman said:

Reading your latest comments I would be curious to try CLTO but I would like to understand if it is better on the endpoint or on the server.
I'm using Gentooplayer+Roon server+ Diretta host on NUC and Diretta target on Rpi 4.

6.8.1 is just on RPI so in your case there is no choice.

2 minutes ago, PML said:

6.8.1 is just on RPI so in your case there is no choice.

For NUC advantage of CTLO or EXTREM I do not have experience return on my side.

an other really nice feature is Target Diretta RAM endpoint !

4 hours ago, Wladimir said:

You can think about it in some other way. If you buy the CLTO license, you directly support the developers and motivate them in doing the fantastic job with all the latest updates and impeccable support, which they're providing. I suspect that many of people here can spare €40 even for a marginal improvement, especially considering the long-term cost of the whole evolution of our systems.

I fully agree with this comment. 

It's time to stop the mind of because something is a software or even more on Internet , It's free !

We are all very happy to use/listen.play music, with very good software, never forget, there's always someone who hardly work to develop this thing.

Streamer : RPI4 8Go + Gentooplayer ( 8.5 Kernel CTLO) + Diretta Target + Audiophonics DIGIPI+I2S - RPI4 8Go + Gentooplayer ( 8.5 Kernel CTLO) + Diretta Host + UpmPCli + MDP Bit Perfect - Power supply DIY Audiophonics S4-HP Micrel29752 - Server : Mac mini + LMS -DAC : MUSICIAN Pegasus R2R - Preamp : QUAD PRE 99 - Amps : QUAD 606 MKII (recaped and updated) x 2 - Speakers : KEF REFERENCE 203/1 - Speaker Cables : REAL CABLE 3D-TDC - DAC to Pream Cable : DIY NEOTECH NEMOI-3220 OCC PTFE Ø10mm - Preamp to Amps Cables : QED Performance Audio 40i - Ethernet Cables : SOMMER CABLE 580‑0201 CAT 6 S/UTP + RJ45 connectors LOGILINK MP048

Gentooplayer is remaining the best solution I ever heard in DIY world. 

The only problem I encounter, is the crash of Diretta host at each system reboot. 

May I missed something in the setup?

I tried in and out of Ram mode. 

Is there anybody encountering this problem, which is minor as I've only to relaunch Diretta to make it working....

Streamer : RPI4 8Go + Gentooplayer ( 8.5 Kernel CTLO) + Diretta Target + Audiophonics DIGIPI+I2S - RPI4 8Go + Gentooplayer ( 8.5 Kernel CTLO) + Diretta Host + UpmPCli + MDP Bit Perfect - Power supply DIY Audiophonics S4-HP Micrel29752 - Server : Mac mini + LMS -DAC : MUSICIAN Pegasus R2R - Preamp : QUAD PRE 99 - Amps : QUAD 606 MKII (recaped and updated) x 2 - Speakers : KEF REFERENCE 203/1 - Speaker Cables : REAL CABLE 3D-TDC - DAC to Pream Cable : DIY NEOTECH NEMOI-3220 OCC PTFE Ø10mm - Preamp to Amps Cables : QED Performance Audio 40i - Ethernet Cables : SOMMER CABLE 580‑0201 CAT 6 S/UTP + RJ45 connectors LOGILINK MP048

8 minuti fa, Ikyo ha detto:

Gentooplayer rimane la migliore soluzione che abbia mai sentito nel mondo DIY. 

L'unico problema che riscontro è il crash dell'host Diretta ad ogni riavvio del sistema. 

Potrei aver perso qualcosa nella configurazione?

Ho provato ad entrare e uscire dalla modalità Ram. 

C'è qualcuno che ha riscontrato questo problema, il che è minore in quanto devo solo riavviare Diretta per farlo funzionare....

On the x86 version 8.60 I'm having continuous crashes, if I restart it it crashes again after a while, I need to go back to version 8.50.

6 minutes ago, Progman said:

On the x86 version 8.60 I'm having continuous crashes, if I restart it it crashes again after a while, I need to go back to version 8.50.

did you update diretta host and target on last version ?

Do you use multi (single is instable) ?

27 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

If you do not want to crash, use multi and not single when installing the diretta-host!!!!

I already have Diretta multi, it seems the problem was the target version not matching the host.

I have a question about the network switch, do you know any switch that is better than EtherRegen? I sold my ER and now the music is of very poor quality if I compare it to a CD transport

2 hours ago, aqs_ said:

I have a question about the network switch, do you know any switch that is better than EtherRegen? I sold my ER and now the music is of very poor quality if I compare it to a CD transport

That's kind of an odd question for this thread on GentooPlayer OS software.

But I'm a GentooPlayer user myself (in fact I've been behind but am updating to latest version today), with it operating on a Pi2Design Mercury streamer for Ethernet>I2S, itself on the 'B' port of an EtherREGEN. This combination results in the best SQ I've ever had in my system.

The obvious full disclosure here is that yes, I own UpTone Audio and thus am biased towards our special switch. :D

How come you sold your EtherREGEN? Seems you regret doing so. We are presently in stock--so you could get another...  As consolation for your selling regret, you could write to me and I'll give you a modest discount on a used, perfectly functioning unit.

Cheers,

--Alex C.

I don't want to clutter the thread. I sold ER because I practically didn't listen to the files, but sometimes I come back to them and now I have pain, without ER. Music is very digital. GentooPlayer is a great software, it brings a lot of benefits to the sound, but it also cleans the LAN signal... :)

Hello, I have an Iancanada Streamer .

#17B. HdmiPi Pro II Flagship HDMI transport interface IS2

Under Select DAC : what do I have to choose?
I would like to play from IPAD from Qubuz and Tidal.
What app is the best in sound quality?
Thank you

IMG_0508.png

Gentooplayer Diretta implement in the menu. 

Sorry, I really don't understand how to use Memory play installer, memoryplay host config, memoryplay controller. 

Does anyone tried it ?

Thanks 

11 minuti fa, Ikyo ha detto:

Gentooplayer Diretta implement in the menu. 

Mi dispiace, non capisco davvero come utilizzare il programma di installazione di Memory Play, la configurazione dell'host MemoryPlay e il controller MemoryPlay. 

Qualcuno l'ha provato?

Grazie 

I'm trying Diretta memory host and play controller and I have to say it sounds very good