IGNORED

GentooPlayer

10 minutes ago, Luciano.Badoe said:

I just find the 1_109_1 version in the Diretta site. Is it (110 2) a beta version not ain't available for download?

https://help.diretta.link/en/support/solutions/articles/73000511302-preview-request

Qobuz Studio -> Audirvana Studio - HAF Filter xtalk (from homeaudiofidelity.com with Waves VST3 ir-l-convolution-reverb) -UPnP> UPmpdcli/Mpd sur RPI5 Gentoo Player v8.60 as host Diretta (kernel 6.8.1 RT CLTO EUP NOR, Shanti Alim, tweak kernel) -> Holo Red Diretta Target (kernel 6.8.1 non RT EUP) -Silver I2S> Holo Spring 2 kte -Silver XLR> BC Accoustique 362 D -> Quellis 1 Optima.

hello

on Gentooplayer Releases

I am currently using this version

GentooPlayer-UEFI-OpenRc-7.00.img

I saw that there was another version for the AMD Rysen 5000 architecture and it is precisely under this architecture that I am

GentooPlayer-UEFI-OpenRc-7.00-EXTRM-ZNVER3.img

Does anyone on this forum use it?

Differences???

In
Gentooplayer settings
There is the possibility of using Ramdisk, part of the memory is used for loading software, is there a contribution compared to conventional loading, I have 16 GB of DDR4, which must be sufficient...

On the other hand, I saw that we could also do the same for music files, but suddenly how does it work because I have close to 2 TB and it only loads the read file in Ramdisk?

Is the loading time with the Ramdisk option much longer than the classic version?

Thank you for your feedback

cpasmoi

Hello

I have an Audio server on an AMD RYZEN 5700 G architecture and 16 GB of DDR4 3600 Ghz CAS 14 memory
I use Gentooplayer/Roon/HQplayer embedded and I would like to activate the Ramdisk option, it would allow to have a better SQ and musicality.

In the Gentooplayer menu, there is Ramdisk to load the Soft and another option Ramdisk for the music

I would like to know how much Ram is needed for the Ramdisk options for an optimal functioning?

thank you for your feedback😀

cpasmoi

ok @patatorz and @dandou

I'm going to test it, without the Ramdisk option activated, the server barely takes 8 seconds to be activated on the gentooplayer page

I activated the Ram disk option and precisely there are 5 options in the mode which one to choose?

I tried mode 5 and it is true that the loading time is long to place in the Ram, I imagine that it must do it only once
it does not load it each time the Server is restarted.
cpasmoi

Hello, I don’t have the options in front of me but the main differences are based on the software you want to load in ram. If you have 16go I assume you can use the option 5 which is going to load everything. If I remember well, with option 5 I was using 12go of ram (on 32go) including the roon database.

As soon as you restart the server you need to load again in ram and takes time and option 5 should be the longest one. Before restarting you need to make a « ram save » in order to save what you updated/change..

loading option 5 at home request 1 or 2 minutes which is for me more than acceptable.

hope it helps 

@cpasmoi , 

There are two stages. 

The first is to select the ram mode (5 in your case), and to run the script. You should do it once you set everything in GP to your taste, because running the script takes a lot of time. But you have to run this script only once. 

The second stage is to enable Ramsystem. 

After that, GP will reboot in ram system mode. It takes longueur than an ordinary boot, because it has to load everything in RAM. But once it did, you can leave it running like that 24/7. 

That's what I do, and it's always ready when I want to listen to music. 

hello

Ramdisk's loading time is indeed long, 3 to 4 minutes the first time, once the configuration is complete. if I turn it off and on again, it takes just as long for it to load even though I have saved the settings

Leaving it on 24 hours a day doesn't bother me.

another small question in the advanced settings, I saw that you could define a profile on the use of the processor cores a bit like I did with process lasso so windows

what is the most suitable profile for my configuration

thank you for your feedback?

cpasmoi

Profile select.JPG

Hi all!

How important is the server soundwise if I use GP as part of a LMS-Squeezelite or UPNP/Openhome-MPD setup? I noticed some people using GP have their server software just running on a NAS. How important is the OS on the server as long as you have it running with a decent LPS?

My reason for asking is that I am currently moving away from my one-box Euphony setup (bad Qobuz integration, bad UI, no accuraterip when ripping cds, ...) to a two-box-setup with GP as streamer. As I already have a home server running a few docker containers I could theoretically install LMS or some UPNP-server on that machine if the server side doesn't matter that much.

Also, if I am not mistaken it's possible to install additional software in GP using the gentoo package manager, right? I'd be interested to use whipper for ripping cds if I am to use GP on the server as well.

Regards,

Poldi

14 hours ago, Poldi said:

Hi all!

How important is the server soundwise if I use GP as part of a LMS-Squeezelite or UPNP/Openhome-MPD setup? I noticed some people using GP have their server software just running on a NAS. How important is the OS on the server as long as you have it running with a decent LPS?

My reason for asking is that I am currently moving away from my one-box Euphony setup (bad Qobuz integration, bad UI, no accuraterip when ripping cds, ...) to a two-box-setup with GP as streamer. As I already have a home server running a few docker containers I could theoretically install LMS or some UPNP-server on that machine if the server side doesn't matter that much.

Also, if I am not mistaken it's possible to install additional software in GP using the gentoo package manager, right? I'd be interested to use whipper for ripping cds if I am to use GP on the server as well.

Regards,

Poldi

Hi,

I also use lms in a two computer set up (standard x86 server and USBridge ARM based player). I have found that the quality of the server is almost as important as the quality of the player. I use GP on both machines and find altering the settings on either (eg cpu Freq, ramdisk) etc to have as large as impact on the sound on both machines.

I use an LPS on both machines as well but found that to have a greater impact on the player than the server. But that could be more to do with the architecture of the two machines than your question about the importance of server Vs player.

Hi to all,

I want to test Gentooplayer with Roon Server and HQPlayer embedded on the same server. I achieved the Donate step and then sent the server information to get my key 30 minutes ago. But I did not received anything yet.

Is this normal ?

GentooPlayer (Roon+HQPlayer) ==> exaSound Gamma+e68 ==> Audiophonics Eigentakt / Accuphase A46 / Audiophonics Eigentakt ==> Jensen Supravox / Arai Radian / Fostex

6 minutes ago, Phil261575 said:

I achieved the Donate step and then sent the server information to get my key 30 minutes ago. But I did not received anything yet.

Is this normal ?

If you mean that you paid the donation for the license and that you wait to receive the key, it may take longer than 30 minutes indeed. 

8 hours ago, RichardT said:

Hi,

I also use lms in a two computer set up (standard x86 server and USBridge ARM based player). I have found that the quality of the server is almost as important as the quality of the player. I use GP on both machines and find altering the settings on either (eg cpu Freq, ramdisk) etc to have as large as impact on the sound on both machines.

I use an LPS on both machines as well but found that to have a greater impact on the player than the server. But that could be more to do with the architecture of the two machines than your question about the importance of server Vs player.

Hi,

thank you! Exactly the information I needed. As often, everything matters ... Now, I'll see if I can get whipper running on the server with GP installed.

So, I received the key and installed GentooPlayer on my server. Update has been done, Roon server is installed and updated. Library was restored and everything is fine for Roon.

But when I tried to login to HQPlayer Embedded, the system is asking for a user and a password. Standard user and password that can be found on HQPlayer notice are not working (hqplayer / password). What user and password is to be used with GentooPlayer?

By the way, I have some errors when I try to update HQPlayer withing GentoPlayer. Did you have the same issue?

Thanks for your help.

GentooPlayer (Roon+HQPlayer) ==> exaSound Gamma+e68 ==> Audiophonics Eigentakt / Accuphase A46 / Audiophonics Eigentakt ==> Jensen Supravox / Arai Radian / Fostex

OK, thanks I will test these credentials.

When recompiling software, I get followinf errors with Desktop (but it is not the one I will use):

!!! Couldn't download 'hqplayer4desktop-4.19.3-59.fc36.x86_64.rpm'. Aborting.
* Fetch failed for 'dev-libs/libsgllnx64-2.29.02', Log file:
* '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libsgllnx64-2.29.02/temp/build.log'

26 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Hello, for HQPe, the login/password should be root/gentooplayer

I did not have any issue to update HQPe through Gentooplayer menu from my side.

best regards 

Works fine, many thanks Patatorz!

2 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Sorry I don’t know as not using the xfce version of Gentooplayer. 

Are you using the Gentooplayer menu to update HQPlayer Desktop ?

I am using the standard version of GentooPlayer, not the XFCE. The update was done using menu 12. Update/Install/Remove and then Software Recompile. But I think I don't need the desktop as I am using the embedded version of HQPlayer (so far, give it a try). It is maybe not a problem...