IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Hi,

I'm having this error on GP Update process.

[OK]

Local overlay and gentooplayer scripts will be updated
glibc version check

[OK]

Wait...

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

700-EXTRM-COREi7
rsync: [sender] change_dir "/tmp/gp-check/portage/GP-Embedded-EXTRM-COREi7" failed: No such file or directory (2)

I recently installed GentooPlayer and very happy with thebsound quality. I only use it with mpd and upmpcli. I player with several options but i keep running into the same issue which I could only solve by starting with a new image.

The problem is that It cannot find the audiocard any longer. I am using an Allo usbridge signature with an allo digione signature hat. I can still select the Allo Digione Signature  in the interface, both no audiocard is shown in the system info or mpd configuration. Anyone experience with solving this issue?

30 minutes ago, Ronald Vergeer said:

I recently installed GentooPlayer and very happy with thebsound quality. I only use it with mpd and upmpcli. I player with several options but i keep running into the same issue which I could only solve by starting with a new image.

The problem is that It cannot find the audiocard any longer. I am using an Allo usbridge signature with an allo digione signature hat. I can still select the Allo Digione Signature  in the interface, both no audiocard is shown in the system info or mpd configuration. Anyone experience with solving this issue?

I added a debug log.

Logentoo.txt

On 12/21/2022 at 10:36 PM, PML said:

With Asio Bridge, I made a tutorial on it on this stream

Thanks working now. Sounds great. 

DDC: Singer SU6, Metrum Ambre

DAC: Metrum Pavane, Weiss 205

Amp/Preamp: AGD Audions, Herron VTSP 360 Ref

HP: Raal SR1a, BS650, BP580, HE6sev2, Yamaha HP1

Speakers: Kairos 

8 hours ago, jeep972 said:

Hi @antonellocaroli,

it seems to me that the installation of camilla dsp takes longer than usual. It's been 3 hours since the installation started and still not finished. Can you confirm that everything is working.
usually this installation takes 45 minutes on my system : Allo usbridge signature

latest sript version : 119

it is strange...

I finally have GentooPlayer running in a ramdisk, which improves the sound quality even more. Great software.

Via the ssh I enabled openhome in upmpdcli. It seems to work correct. This feature seems to be hidden away (no support in the configuration interface) and lots of information points to use bubbleupnp server. Is this on purpose? Are the any disadvantages in using openhome in upmpdcli or any big advantages using bubbleupnp server? I would expect less software needed would be the best option?

On 12/22/2022 at 9:20 AM, Luciano.Badoe said:

Hi,

I'm having this error on GP Update process.

[OK]

Local overlay and gentooplayer scripts will be updated
glibc version check

[OK]

Wait...

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

[OK]

700-EXTRM-COREi7
rsync: [sender] change_dir "/tmp/gp-check/portage/GP-Embedded-EXTRM-COREi7" failed: No such file or directory (2)

Please, some help about this error?

2 hours ago, Ronald Vergeer said:

I finally have GentooPlayer running in a ramdisk, which improves the sound quality even more. Great software.

Via the ssh I enabled openhome in upmpdcli. It seems to work correct. This feature seems to be hidden away (no support in the configuration interface) and lots of information points to use bubbleupnp server. Is this on purpose? Are the any disadvantages in using openhome in upmpdcli or any big advantages using bubbleupnp server? I would expect less software needed would be the best option?

Because some users have experienced instabilities, so I decided not to expose the configuration...

* Starting NFS sm-notify ...
 [ ok ]
 * rc-update: nfsclient already installed in runlevel `default'; skipping
mount.nfs: Protocol not supported

@antonellocaroli I can not get the “mount remote disk” to work

I’ve tried all the methods but no luck.

The folder on my NAS is mounted but there is no access to the content!

Any idea? I didn’t use to have this problem…

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Hello, I listen to music using usbridge singature and audirvana studio where the music is on the computer disk. How to configure gentooplayer so that the music store is on a Usbridge usb stick and the music can be managed from audirvana. Thank you for your help. Sorry, I'm using google translate.

13 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

@antonellocaroli I can not get the “mount remote disk” to work

I’ve tried all the methods but no luck.

The folder on my NAS is mounted but there is no access to the content!

Any idea? I didn’t use to have this problem…

No, I don't know, you probably don't enter the correct settings...

I'd have to take a look at it with teamviewer to understand

9 hours ago, Williusz said:

Hello, I listen to music using usbridge singature and audirvana studio where the music is on the computer disk. How to configure gentooplayer so that the music store is on a Usbridge usb stick and the music can be managed from audirvana. Thank you for your help. Sorry, I'm using google translate.

Usbbridge with rpi3?
rpi3 does not have samba installed, which you would need for what you want to do...

6 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

No, I don't know, you probably don't enter the correct settings...

I'd have to take a look at it with teamviewer to understand

Yes of course!

Thank you!

Will it be possible tonight?

Might Roon have any impact on this?

I run Roon legacy server on an old mac mini that has access to the same NAS folder. May be it creates some kind of conflict?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

hello

I have just used "Software recomplie" and it recommends me to do the following :

IMPORTANT: the configuration file '/etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml' must be updated.
 * Refer to the sections CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
 * The sections of the man page emerge to learn how to update the configuration files.
 * After the world updates, it is important to remove obsolete packages with
 * emerge --depclean. Refer to `man emerge` for more information.

Where is the menu for this upgrade?

cpasmoi

Hello

I would like to know which kernel is the most adapted for Gentooplayer see 1st screenshot

Then in the System info I have the following information 

CPU-specific microarchitecture: ZNVER3
CPU x86_64 level is supported: x86-64-v3
x86-64-v2
CPU_FLAGS supported: aes avx avx2 f16c fma3 mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt rdrand sha sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3

I would like to know if I can take 

extra option:
 Minimum donation: 39€----1Kernl type---1PC---------------1Year**
 Minimum donation: 49€----1EXTRM Sytem type---1PC--1Year**

Is it in addition to the Annual license?

can we activate ramdisk with these extra options?
cpasmoi

Kernel Gentooplayer 8.jpg

2 UP-DW Kernel.png

2 UP-DW Kernel.png