IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sgr said:

Reposted as I wanted to add more info and was not allowed. 

Hi,
Have ORendu installed with the Sonore kit of optical cable, power supply for ORendu and an LPS1.2 powering the optical module. All components have powered up correctly and are stable.  First observations the ORendu has a clarity that I’d not experienced with the URendu. I believe it does sound better and has sure improved the longer its been electrified. But......
I can only get it to work with ROON. Not as HqPlayer NAA. I’ve tried many different filters (probably not every possible combination as that would be impossible I think) and am using Legacy Audio Wavelet DAC for PCM only  and can’t get it to play without stuttering or playing at all. Music will play a second or two then stop start again. 

I’ve rebooted the pc many times, used the sonic orbiter app to select HQPlayer Naa, done the same with ROON. Hqplayer is connected to the ORendu and sees it as a device as it did see URendu.  Nothing seems to work. The URendu is unplugged and not in the system at all so I know it’s not interfering. I also did ipconfig and reconfigured the ORendu in ROON just in case and it used the same address as the URendu did so that didn’t matter. 
My Ultra Rendu worked fine with exact same equipment and the same settings in HQPlayer 4.4 but they won’t work on ORendu.

I’d be glad for some help or ideas. 

Same thing going on here. Over the last few days @vortecjr and I have been discussing and troubleshooting my system. In the end vortecjr suggested I contact Jussi the author of HQPlayer to get his input. When Jussi answers my email I will let you know.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, sgr said:

Reposted as I wanted to add more info and was not allowed. 

Hi,
Have ORendu installed with the Sonore kit of optical cable, power supply for ORendu and an LPS1.2 powering the optical module. All components have powered up correctly and are stable.  First observations the ORendu has a clarity that I’d not experienced with the URendu. I believe it does sound better and has sure improved the longer its been electrified. But......
I can only get it to work with ROON. Not as HqPlayer NAA. I’ve tried many different filters (probably not every possible combination as that would be impossible I think) and am using Legacy Audio Wavelet DAC for PCM only  and can’t get it to play without stuttering or playing at all. Music will play a second or two then stop start again. 

I’ve rebooted the pc many times, used the sonic orbiter app to select HQPlayer Naa, done the same with ROON. Hqplayer is connected to the ORendu and sees it as a device as it did see URendu.  Nothing seems to work. The URendu is unplugged and not in the system at all so I know it’s not interfering. I also did ipconfig and reconfigured the ORendu in ROON just in case and it used the same address as the URendu did so that didn’t matter. 
My Ultra Rendu worked fine with exact same equipment and the same settings in HQPlayer 4.4 but they won’t work on ORendu.

I’d be glad for some help or ideas. 

For me the fix for my HQPlayer NAA dropouts was replacing my current design opticalRendu with the original design before a redesign to reduce current consumption.  Much thanks to  @vortecjr, @Miska, @JohnSwenson, and Andrew at Small Green Computers for all their efforts to resolve my problem.  This is first rate customer support, this team is most highly recommended!

• 2 months later...

@vortecjr I have lost connection to my opticalRendu.  Sonicorbiter.com report no Sonicorbiter OS based music player found. When I scan the IP addresses on my network my oR is not found.  I have tried 3 previously good microSD cards in my oR. I have bypassed my EtherRegen and connected directly to my ethernet switch using both the original PHYs and optical cable as well as different PHYs and optical cable.  The LED on my oR is slowly flashing red. What do I try next?

19 hours ago, vortecjr said:

What power supply are you using?

@vortecjr My problem started when using my Sonore power supply. During troubleshooting I switched to a power supply that I believed had sufficient current output to drive my oR.  Guess the flashing red LED was saying it did not.  After reading your question, I hooked up my Sonore ps again and all is working correctly now. I have no idea what changed. ☹

Thanks!