IGNORED

Putting Tidal in Perspective

Anecdotal:

My wife comes from a family of 8 siblings with an equally procreative bent as her mother and father. Consequently, once a year we get together with this brood of nieces and nephews. I have over the years asked them if they knew what Tidal was.

Not one of them has ever heard of it. They "kind of" heard about JayZ and his music streaming, but nothing about Tidal. LOL -at least two thought JayZ was with Apple music. 

They all use Spotify, some have Spotify Premium, but most go with the free tier.

FWIW, I unsubscribed to Tidal several months ago after years of subscribership and have signed on with Spotify Premium while waiting for Qobuz in the USA.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

@Ajax Do you have a link for the Society of Sound website. A Google search leads to B&W USA which has no references to Society of Sound - although the Google search itself does. Trying a back door approach through the LSO portal prevented access. Curious.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

25 minutes ago, mav52 said:

And your point is,

Qobuz still not in the US. 

FWIW, the OP Brinkman Ship has been banned from CA. This is his third time using three different names. 

(Just in case you are expecting a reply)

@Taz777

Much of the satisfaction that people derive from Tidal or any streaming service, depends to a large extent on the music that they are most likely to listen to. Also, your listening habits: do you like to listen to complete albums, curate your own playlists, compare artists...etc.

My experience with Tidal was that their sound quality was excellent, their connectivity was excellent (Audirvana A+, Lumin App). But... If you are primarily a classical music person you will probably not like Tidal because they truncate track titles on classical albums. It became obvious to me that my musical preferences were not of interest to them. I finally, quit the subscription and began looking elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Doak said:

Find anything to your liking elsewhere?

Yes I did - Idagio. For classical music and only classical music, it can't be beat. I use Spotify Premium / Connect for everything else.

Here is a link to a brief review I just did on Idagio: