IGNORED

Ambient, Psybient, Psydub, not Goa and what more not

PeterSt

7 hours ago, PeterSt said:

A bit of feedback about this : Nah, I am sorry. This will be some kind of ambient all right, but it is not music to my ears. It is sounds only. Putting a beat under it doesn't make it music. Also, adding a computer generated beat without recognizable source doesn't make it a remix (I listened to the original first).

For me it doesn't matter whether music is made of real instruments or sampled real instruments or composed by sheer synthetic sounds. Often the latter add textures (and emotions) real instruments can hardly ever create.

I agree, however, that the album is actually quite trivial. Maybe even cheesy. Nothing is particularly original and while it works as a coherent urban soundscape it's not innovative at all. The Remixes add some new dimensions (suspense, energy, harshness, 3D-ness) that may make the whole thing a bit more interessting.

7 hours ago, PeterSt said:

But I tried ! 9_9

brave man :D

_

@copy_of_a, Did you ever try Asura ? It seems to be in your direction, but now with all the SQ aspects in it (especially sub deep-down earth low) and with an always present melody. For me it's one of the best and consistent artists and with a sound I can recognize from a mile away.

For tonight I prepared a few Bernocchi (sounds very interesting in advance) and the David Sylvian you linked to.

The others I skipped by or listening or by observing that the tracks are too short (must make short cuts here and there :eek:).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

For me it doesn't matter whether music is made of real instruments or sampled real instruments or composed by sheer synthetic sounds.

Oh, a bit depending on the music that sure is appreciated by me just the same (like Ultravox). Bit this list is not about that ...

And I should add that most of the time (make that 100%) I am "testing" the SQ, whether that is DAC (potential) upgrades, speaker settings, software (new) settings, new cables, and more. Of course I combine it with the hobby on the go, but I can't really waste time on it. So not being snobbish, but ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

or by observing that the tracks are too short

No, that was not from your selection (@copy_of_a) - this is Galaxy, mentioned by Ralf.

XXHighEnd (developer)

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

@copy_of_a, Did you ever try Asura ?

Under the name Asura I’ve found 3 artists.
1.) Ryan York, a DJ from LA, 2.) Vincent Villuis on Ultimae Records and 3.) a strange Hard Rock Band.
I assume you are referring to the second artist (Vincent Villuis).
Well, that sounds a bit like the soundtracks to mystical fantasy movies and therefore is not really my cup of tea.
But shortly looking at Ultimae Records I’ve came across an artist from (drum roll…) the Netherlands (yeah ? ) who seems to be interesting (for both of us): Martin Nonstatic (Martin Van Rossum).
https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/granite-martin-nonstatic/vlhbddx0fwcwa#item
https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/ligand-martin-nonstatic/3760180502486#item

For tonight I prepared a few Bernocchi (sounds very interesting in advance) and the David Sylvian you linked to.

cool, have fun!

_

Lulu Rouge. "Lulu Rouge is a Danish duo consisting of DJ T.O.M. and DJ Buda, both well-known names in the club and electronica scene. T.O.M. has been Trentemøller's permanent sidekick for several years and is also the man behind ArtRebels Rec., which is a part of ArtRebels network with a focus on design, art and music. Buda is a DJ and producer and has worked with names like Bliss, Laid Back, DJ These, Ganga, Télépopmusik, Phil Mison and Sergio Mendes. He is also part of the chill-out group Banzai Republic."

Lulu Rouge: "Runaway Boy" (from "Bless You" 2008 release)

38 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

I assume you are referring to the second artist (Vincent Villuis).

Yes. https://ultimae.com/artists/asura/

I don't know why but the - although mentioned - album Lost Eden does not show there.

Ultimae Records is one of the major labels in this scene.

44 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

But shortly looking at Ultimae Records I’ve came across an artist from (drum roll…) the Netherlands (yeah ? ) who seems to be interesting (for both of us): Martin Nonstatic (Martin Van Rossum).

What !? OK, never heard of him. But on Tidal, so in to the playlist for in an hour of time's playback.

N.b.: The stupid thing of Tidal is that you can't search for Label while Qobuz (when you can search nicely) only has a relative few (so yes, I (think I) sorted out all Ultimae from there).

XXHighEnd (developer)

22 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Lulu Rouge: "Runaway Boy" (from "Bless You" 2008 release)

Lasker, great stuff !!

Haha, this will be my first of the evening. Heck, I hope the whole album (and one other I can find) is like this. Grooves and throws "the sounds" at ya.

XXHighEnd (developer)

6 hours ago, lasker98 said:

Lulu Rouge (...): "Runaway Boy"

(...)

Buda is a DJ and producer and has worked with names like Bliss

Great track! Clearly targeted at the club scene, however intelligently produced and really compelling. Just bought the album ...

I love the Bliss Album "No One Built This Moment" (seems to be unavailable meanwhile).

Many thanks!

_

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Grooves and throws "the sounds" at ya.

Peter... may I ask (?) ...

I have to admit I don't really understand what you are up to regarding SQ tests with such music.

I'd say such music sounds very good on almost any system. Even on my little desktop system.

Complex layered music with A LOT of different things going on with different instruments that almost all tend to push in the foreground (like Porcupine Tree or Nine Inch Nails for instance) are much more critical since a lot of frequencies "fight" for presence in the mix. In Electronic Music very often everthing has it's place since it's based on less complex instruments/sounds.

Anyway... I do enjoy the exchange about different artists in this field very much!

_

3 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

Great track! Clearly targeted at the club scene, however intelligently produced and really compelling.

I played another album and before reading your text I had a very similar text in mind : Lulu seems to be a woman en this music is very intelligently put together. Reminds me of Gaudi. I definitely found a new artist in this scene.

N.b.: Gaudi has a full repertoire of "playing at clubs", DJ like but playing his own music and samples etc. (think the Dutch DJs but then without an existing album as the base). While Gaudi produced a dozen(s) albums (I dit not count) none of this club performances is available as album, unless on YouTube. Btw : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudi_(musician). For me he could be the #1 of my list.

Here's a "promo" I just found (don't get dizzy of this video material) :

And if you sat through the 7 minutes and if after this automatically Hotel Caledonia comes up, let it play and try not to move. Haha.

Anyway my point was : because this "tours" is almost all ad-hoc work (if you watch other videos you can see that happening) it is a shame that they're not just all recorded. I mean, this is so damn (intelligently) good ...

Edit : a bit into the start of Hotel Caledonia, you'll hear what I refer to as a "super saw" (synth sound).

XXHighEnd (developer)

2 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

I have to admit I don't really understand what you are up to regarding SQ tests with such music.

I'd say such music sounds very good on almost any system. Even on my little desktop system.

I know what you mean. Well, I'll admit that the "cozy" ambient music certainly mostly is not complex (like Asura), but even then it is about the individual, say layers in there and which all must remain separate. So yes, with something like Porcupine Tree you can hear those layers too, but now it is not about refined fragility any more and it is merely more massive sound. So if you have the mere "ambient" type and have real sub low like 24Hz which should be as loud audible as e.g. 40Hz (and per se not come across as 48Hz (2nd harmonic distortion) *and* a flute plays nicely and cymbals again nicely on top of that, it tests your system. My selection (though at the artist level for you) is by nature almost everywhere about that. It must show "complexity" one way or the other or else I just don't like it. N.b.: Someone referred to Andreas Vollenweider. Well, not for me.

But let's remember that most of the artists in my list are not about "ambient" as such, though that I denote it that only to indicate the scene for myself, not really knowing how it name it otherwise for this large group. Most of it certainly is not "ambient music" as such (like Gaudi is not at all), and is rather overly complex because of how synthesizers and such are applied. A hopefully good example :

One thing : envision this played at well over 90dBSPL (which is my standard level) and try to concentrate on the glass-like bells and how this would "emerge" in your room. Also listen to the myriads of sounds (or the speed of them following each other which is about resolution and speed) well into the 4th minute.

Say that this is still ambient because it can play in the background (never mind at 90dBSPL) and our son can do his homework together with it. But it is of course not the ambient Brian Eno would produce (who is not in my list but kind of invented the genre).

Btw, since I quoted the "dissonant" myself (it just came to me during writing) it seems that it is everywhere and almost indicative. In this video too. Watch when the (synth) bass starts ... (it is out of tune and remains that throughout).

Maybe it is also about how the layers build up and how we can easily follow that (they usually become more and more and more, which is just how this music is created - I'd do the same with my synthesizers when "performing").

XXHighEnd (developer)

At the "other end of the scale" I use this,

Don't worry, the first 10 seconds or so tells you everything about where the music is going - there are no surprises ^_^.

I've been riveted listening to these tracks ... because, they're full of Easter Eggs - tiny, far off noodlings which do all sorts of interesting, fancy things; quite unpredictable. To me, this is as interesting as a orchestral performance - which probably sounds pretty bizarre ... :P.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 4:09 AM, PeterSt said:

If you can't bear my English, skip to the list more below.

All right. So PeterSt and his Phasure produce a couple of audio components and what he tries to accomplish with it, is the ultimate very best Sound Quality. Now, assumed that this succeeded/succeeds to some degree, we may wonder what music he actually uses to "test" all, so in the homes things work out by kind of guarantee. Music which contains it all, including the foot-tapping. From the lowest frequencies to the highest transient spikes. From impacting to fragile.

I thought the thread to be of interest for the handful of people who are into the same type of music which I use for testing - and since maybe 8 years mostly play (for enjoyment).

More below you will find the list of artists which do the thang for me, and with some basic interest in this type of music, you will recognize at least what it is not. And well, isn't it difficult to describe (apart from just showing the list).

I named the general folder where this music is put "Ambient". But hey, ambient as such it is not. Maybe back in the days (like early 70's) I could play 20 minute (LP) tracks of Brian Eno, Edgar Froese or Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze and a few dozen more. But today they don't make it to my list, apart from a few which g(r)o(w) along with the times, like the latter mentioned or like Jean-Michel Jarre. But they are exceptions. No, the stream-type of music I refer to emerged somewhere in the 90's and it could be called Psybient in general. But it isn't that either. It comprises mainly of too high beat/minute music, and I don't refer to that at all. OK, unless it is Infected Mushroom and a handful of others. Down-tempo then. Well, better already, but also not quite. Goa. Sort of, but just because it is the base of what I am talking about. But yet again, way too high bpm. Psydub ? yes, almost all in there suits the bill. Only the fact that it comprises maybe 5% of everything in my list, tells that there is more (to name). Back to ambient ? actually yes. Especially when we see that this comprises soundscapes. But then again, not Brian Eno's Airport music, or worse, elevator music. But soundscapes, yes. Whether it is water, wind, birds, thunder, or ... all what is implied by that - scratching included (Psytrance Scratch) ... even LP needle ticks are all over the place.

Slow beat soundscape music, maybe best characterized by an artist like Azura  or Solar fields. And no, not electronic music at all, although most will have synths in it for support. No, the best ones use real guitars with real drums and real basses. And citars and such or so many more Indian instruments because the roots seem always to be there (like Goa is). Looking at the track names often tells enough. And of course tracks are mostly 6 minutes at least.

Oh, did I mention the psychedelic influence ? OK, you saw that.

On the last matter it is easy to call it Pink Floyd on Asteroids. So really, one might aver back think that Umma Gumma did something, but no way it (PF) appears in the list below because the SQ is way under par. SQ ? I mean for what the ultimates in "sound" can be. Those lowest to the highest frequencies and such - it is just not in there. The music type would be similar though. This is also how Edgar Froese does not apply but with the notice that Tangerine Dream also does not occur in my list (them really still producing up to at least recently). There is no music in there - no beat (and mind you, "ambient" as such is allowed to have no beat, but there music stops for me, and soundscaping is NOT about that for me - (like New Age mweh)).

If I counted right, the list comprises of 168 artists but with the notice that it is not always easy to obtain the artists, which often is in a special scene (like Bandcamp is that, and a lot indeed comes from there). What I mean is, a lot is on collection albums, though mixed / produced by gurus in that scene, like DJ Zen or Bluetech and a lot more. So what happens there is that an album is created from existing tracks/songs, and that the sauce of such a "DJ" creates a new album with those recognizable tracks but with explicitly recognizable elements from that DJ (you might think Ben Liebrand if that rings "a first" 70's bell, though for mainly Disco). Those albums are not in the list below (apart from some "series" mentioned) because they are actually Various Artists albums, and although I have maybe a 100 of them, the initial arists used in it, I have not. And mind you, it could be a Metal artist at least I don't want to listen to, while what the DJ made of it is superbly ambient as I like to have it. Example is the "Life Is ..." sequence (4 albums) of which almost each track suffices but with Artists I don't have a single album of. I just looked at the first album of that sequence and ... Sandman ? B.L.T. vs Realistic ? Space Cat ? Mental Orange ? Oforia ? Violet Vision ? Liquid Metal ? ... each of those I don't have anywhere, while each track suffices for "my thang".

For those familiar with the music, I like to note that anno 2017/2018 it becomes a bit more difficult to find the new better ones, because like with pop it is almost exclusively about vocoders or other voice morphing devices (software), for the type of music I refer to this is about so called super saws. This is a synthesizer means which out of anything excels in my system, but which is so difficult to render well, that it I have laying a cable wrongly (so to speak) it doesn't work out. But recognizable example of it could be Yello's latest ("Toy") where it has been mildly sneaked in in half of the tracks. Mildly because not too square and for that not giving a 100% character to the whole track. But now try Liquid Stranger. Very very interesting if you hear it at first and are able to let your system render it well, but after the 3rd "Nomad" EP you're really done with it. After six months it will sound interesting again, but not tomorrow already. It is too profound. The same guy(s) made superb albums in 2007 and before, and nothing of the (super saw) existed at that moment. So it is easy to start to be destructive for this genre, just because the environment challenges for it (it *is* "sounds" as such and indeed it is so that it is difficult to render (which is what I am after)).

Before going over to the list, let me tell that I mostly select from of 2008 (and newer) productions. Before that the SQ capabilities are sub par, so to speak, unless it is by analogue synthesizer but this is more rare, because more complex to fabrique (the sounds). Ron Boots (Dutch) would be an example, but with the notice that he bought all the analogue gear of Klaus Schulze at some stage. This is also about how the "scene" has to learn to make the music, which seems not to be difficult for some (producing 2 or 3 albums in a year) but which requires the hang of it first and that could not be easy at all. So all these guys are obviously not Syd Barret's, while, mind you, each of the artists mentioned will have at least one such superb track on at least one album (the albums do not show in the list. And oh, quite many produced one album only and called it a day. You can already see such things happening in general, because relatively many "project" albums exist. The only other commonly known is The Alan Parsons Project, which you btw can see as such by means of at least his first album (apart from producing PF) (Alan Parsons itself doesn't make it to the list).

The list is not in alphabetical sequence. Edit Sept.10, now it is. And please remember, this is about Artists which at least produced one track on one album which ended up in my "demo" folder because of being all over interesting. This includes it being music as such *and* showing off with its sounds. So it is always the mix of both.

If you are interested in the particular album and track I imply with mentioning the artist, just ask.

Those denoted (~) don't exactly meet the criteria of the type of music I refer to. It may show nice sounds but it wouldn't be "ambient" as such (e.g. Faithless).

Oh, I have the hunch that only one CA member may collect the very same genre, so let's say that I at least address him with the question of "do you have more of this ?". Of course I'd love others to jump in just the same, as I always like to grow my collection of music of my interest. It could even be the most interesting to discuss why or why not an artist should be part of the list. And if it is a commonly known artist, which album we'd refer to. Example : Vangelis - Bladerunner (soundscape is outer space here, with the most exquisite sounds on many tracks). But Spiral and 20+ others really don't make it.

Lastly, most of it can be obtained from Tidal but looking for the genre is impossible (the general failure of Tidal). And just saying : Qobuz has almost nothing of it.

Peter

---------------

4T Thieves
Abakus
Adham Shaikh
Aes Dana
Afro Celt Sound System
Ailo
Air (~)
Ajnia
Akshan
Albedo
Aleph Zero (series)
Alpha Wave Movement
Alwoods
AmethystiumAndrocell
Aquascape
Ashtech
Astral Waves
Astralasia
Astropilot
Asura
Aural Planet
Biosphere
Blue Pilots Project
Bluetech
Boozoo Bajou
Boris Blank
C.J. Catalizer
Cabeiri
Capsula
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Celestial Dragon
Cell
Chronos
Cloower

Cosmic Leaf (*)
Cosmic Replicant
Craig Padilla
Crystal Vibe
D. Bastitatos
Dan Gibson (~)
Dan Rotor
Deep Forest
Dense
De-Phazz (~)
Digital Mystery Tour
Direc Connection
Direct Connection
Distant System

Doof
DJ Zen
Dub Fx
Easily Embarrassed
Eat Static
ELEA
Electroslide
Electrypnose
Elysium
Emit (series)
Entheogenic
Erot

Etan Reiter (*)
Euge Groove
Fahrenheit Project
Faithless (~)
Flooting Grooves
Galaxy
Ganga
Gaudi
Geomatic
GMO
Gong (~, newer)
Grains of Sound
H.U.V.A. Network
Hatfield's End (~)
Herbal Essence
Hibernation
Human Blue
Hypnotizer
Infected Mushroom
International Observer
Iono Music
Irukanji
Ishq
Jean-Michel Jarre (~, newer)
Jon Hopkins
Juno Reactor
Kaya Project
Keemiyo
Kenyon Fields
Khooman
Kick Bong
Klaus Schulze (Contemporary Works collection)
Korai Öröm
Krill.Minima
Kuba
Kumharas (series)
Lab's Cloud
LCD Soundsystem
Lemongrass
Liquid Stranger
Lyriel
Macaw
Magic Sound Fabric
Magnetic Fields
Makoto Ozone
Makyo
Massive Attack (~)
Master Margherita
Material Hallucination
Mauxuam
Merlin
Mikalogic
Mind Body Spirit
Moby
Omnimotion
Ott

Ovnimoon (*)
Oxycanta
Ozric Tentacles
Paddy Free
Pan Electric
Peyote
Phutureprimitive
Pitch Black
Porcupine Tree
Profondita

Progenitor (*)
Psychedelic Guitar Circus
Pushmipulyu
Ron Boots
Royksopp
Saafi Brothers
Sasha
Scene
Screen
Seamoon
Sérgio Walgood
Shpongle
Shulman
Side Liner
Snakestyle
Solar Fields
Sounds from The Ground
Step High
Suduaya
Sufi's Life
Suns of Arqa
Suruyademah
System 7
Taff
Ten Madison
Terra Nine
The Bhaktas

The Cinematic Orchestra (*)
The Cruel Sea
The Crystal Method
The Flying Mars
Third Ear Audio
Tripswitch
Twisted

Unoccupied (*)
Vangelis - Blade Runner
Warp Technique
Waveform
WideNoize
William Orbit
Yello
Yggdrasil
Zen Lemonade
Zen Mechanics
Zero 7 (~)
Zero One

ZiebZehn
Zymosis Elements into Data

(*) : Latest additions

N.b.: The strikethroughs were label or series names, abusively pasted in.

Peter,

Your list brought me to this site. Thanks!

Lots of music on it is in my collection of new music as well as wanted music.

I notice your last entry Zymosis. I recently dicovered them. Although different from many of the other bands on the label, you might want to check out Sentimony Records. Some other interesting music.

Regards

10 hours ago, Toshu said:

Although different from many of the other bands on the label, you might want to check out Sentimony Records.

Toshu - I am going to investigate that label. Thank you !

And welcome !

Peter

PS: I saw that your mentioned Zymosis had a title of an album pasted in abusively. Now corrected. But :

Because you brought my attention to it, I searched Tidal and found their latest, Nichna. That's the nice thing about streaming access ... you look for it and have it right away, waiting for tonight's playback.

XXHighEnd (developer)

The list now has 13 new entries, and all you contributing in here may recognize your own contributions. Btw, they are there because today I looked in my Demo folder (chronological sequence of obtainment) and "just notice" these artists added (for at least one track). Here you see it from where our thread started, the first being Younger Brother.

Ambient01.thumb.png.973246d58a8ac7f7e90f9360194ea175.png

Each album shown contains thus one or more tracks that "suits" the list. Here an example of the Thievery Corporation entry you see above :

Ambient02.thumb.png.0dad238acf3526a99943322d7028cb6a.png

So only those two tracks. That gag is that next year my system may be improved so much (in a certain area) that more tracks appear, because I always try (the) other tracks from such an album in the Demo folder when a significant change has happened. An example of this could be the "Life is..." red album you see as the one but last (previous picture). Yesterday this entry got refreshed to Sep. 25, 2018 because I added at least one new track to it (for Demo). And the album already was there for years with other tracks. But my system changed ...

About the "Life is..." little sequence (two double albums, unless by now a new emerged), I mentioned this before. It is one of the best sounding and mixed collection albums out of the so many. Try to get it if you can somewhere :

Ambient03.thumb.png.9a22e8894929c40b8c0f0fb7cdb67dc3.pngAmbient04.thumb.png.04c785c4f72572374ef7d906d65c7f48.png

XXHighEnd (developer)

On September 11, 2018 at 10:04 PM, PeterSt said:

So the more or most difficult sounds, are for me the sheer reason to have it in the list. I mean, you hear a synthesizer or you hear space. You hear bells or you don't hear them at all or not sufficiently enough or nor clear enough etc.

-

know how a melody can emerge just because of the emphasis to a frequency range. This is also how I told in my previous post that the count I did on the bell tolling was with a setup not emphasizing the frequency(s)  where the bell plays (say normal mid area). This is super crucial because it tells you how often you can hear the bell toll.

Working on reply for PeterSt ‘essay’ on electronica as test for audio system SQ which demands care & thought. Also revisions- write, rearrange, erase, write- so pieces from different times-

Not yet experience whole ‘melody’ emerge from ‘Clox’ from unmasking enough noise, veils, or ?, but long hear improved SQ change subtle things which alter perception of musical message & relationships. Perhaps different expectations of music?

Since last post ignoring 'Clox' to play familiar 'demo' tracks & hear sound different then before speaker ‘floating’ upgrade. Not say are different recording, but communicates new things, not heard before, so different like that. New details, new subtleties, new relationships exposed. When speaker floating degraded & then grounded, midrange disappointing. Now hearing over time (my style) show positive & negative in vocals, lyrics (not talk bass!).  So progress, but something backwards too, not yet known, maybe something unmasked.

Understand idea of achieving new plateau of resolution, built of many improvements, all thru chain of parts of playback machines. But not know where my plateau vs yours? What I hear is better then all before, so not unhappy, & continue slow progress.

Also sure that subject is not ‘frequency balance’, but that is vocabulary most audiophiles (only) know to put listening experiences into words to communicate. Lack of good shared words for very subtle effects encountered at higher levels of resolution difficult enough without troll mocking. Also see some similarity with your ‘plateau’ story & Franks mystery tweaks story, but must Ignore him after read same shallow story, too many times :(

Was bored of ‘Clox’ track, but listened one more time yesterday. Noticed clearly single struck chime, mixed with ‘shaken(?)’ multiple (smaller?) chimes. Familiar simple structure flowed nicely, but not any special quality to me.

Still like big ‘rubbery’ bass (even better turned up little over normal level ;) ). When heard on quietest system, mp3 file bass reach out like fat tongue almost to me. Redbook file bass reach out & envelope me with smile. On ‘ordinary’ system bass Ok, not remarkable.

Now done with Clox, but listening to rest of ‘About Time’ album & enjoying :)

So please name another example track for me to hear into PeterSt sound!  

On September 13, 2018 at 11:08 PM, PeterSt said:

Well, if you look at the covers you can already see how it does not fit all of the others (observing covers really helps)

-

a Santa (Sinterklaas, which is not Christmas Santa) surprise, and it comprised of such a box of 10 or so rows of 3 (?) dials, and when the right combination was dialed in, the box opened and the present came forward.

Oh, yes, covers can be very good clue! Good catch B|

The CinderClaus who give coal lumps to bad children ?  :P

Not want to think of possible combinations of 10! x 3! x ?!  horror!

Thread informs me that I not know PSY--- genres much at all - oops :o

Have comments on recent electro suggestions here-

46345-will-bad-times-make-good-music

(post editor bugs strikes again)

On 9/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Toshu said:

Although different from many of the other bands on the label, you might want to check out Sentimony Records. Some other interesting music.

Ha ! From that label I have Irukanji in my list. But I see I have two more artist on that label (never really listened to those) plus a couple of collections. Discovering it right now ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

The results on Sentimony Records is more meager than I hoped for, but still something to do again. Starts at the top-right one :

Sentimony01.thumb.png.de5996e0dc4f7b9d48bb079a1270b1b6.png

Mind you, this little list is only to investigate. Psydewise and Overdream I had never heard of.

XXHighEnd (developer)

The results on Sentimony Records is more meager than I hoped for

OK, I already didn't trust it. There appeared to be a Tidal glitch (or maybe it was on my side). So look what happened additionally to the previous post :

Sentimony03.thumb.png.0d985f1ccb82f24ad1b463551872552e.png

Now I will be behind for a few days. swoon.gif.13dde1fd7032338d5983eab84eb90363.gif

XXHighEnd (developer)

13 hours ago, PeterSt said:

OK, I already didn't trust it. There appeared to be a Tidal glitch (or maybe it was on my side). So look what happened additionally to the previous post :

Sentimony03.thumb.png.0d985f1ccb82f24ad1b463551872552e.png

Now I will be behind for a few days. swoon.gif.13dde1fd7032338d5983eab84eb90363.gif

Peter, i dont use Tidal yet, but i dont recognize all the albums as being from Sentimony record label. I first encounteted them on Bandcamp where you can see and hear their albums. 

I was drawn to Zymosis-Nichna....i really dig the ethno groove.....and it reminds me of my mother singing lulabies to my brother.... the Zymosis album you had originally on your list is apparently on another label. Nice .

Btw, sonewhere in this thread you mentioned Ron Boots. I am guessing you have been to eLive shows?

Regards