IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

7 hours ago, Spenagio said:

quick 'computer' audiophile style question on using the DS as a Roon endpoint;

I currently use a MacBook pro as Roon core and control device (along with iPhone). The DS acts as the endpoint feeding the streaming signal to my DAC. Happy days, works a dream. 

I would now like to avoid having to use my laptop for every listening session, but as all my music files sit on the SSD that is not possible. Intention is to use an iPad Pro for control, but wondering if I would merely have to move my music files to a HDD connected to my router, or somewhere else on the network to avoid booting up the laptop. 

Dumb question I know, but I'm not the most tech-literate....any help appreciated.

No computer expert here, but to my knowledge the Roon core requires a computer with a fair amount of performance. I'd recommend getting an i5 NUC running headless as a dedicated music server.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 8:57 PM, dontfeedphils said:

Is there a how-to on this mod?  I've got a nice soldering iron and some free time, I'd like to give it a go and see what improvements there are to be had.  TIA!

I don't really remember the number of the SMD cap the wires are connected to, but it should be easy to tell through the photo.

Simply connect the positive and negative of the DC inlet to the respective poles on the cap, and you're done! 

If you're interested in adding the CLC filter like I did, here's a link to the "official" values recommended by cdsgames 

19 hours ago, 2pacshakur892 said:

hi, my name is Fabio and i live in Brazil. I have a odroid c2 and a raspberry pi 3b+. I connect pi or odroid c2 at my DAC(wyred4sound DAC1) with usb cable and i have a little drop when i play 24/48,24/96 or 24/192 music. I power up my raspberry with a 20000mah xiaomi battery.  I want to say if its a problem with a driver of my DAC in linux, and if i purchased a allo digione and connect my DAC with coaxial cable the problem dissapear?

Hi Fabio, it's quite a common issue with the RPi3 since ethernet and USB shares bandwidth. You'd bypass that problem by going i2s->SPDIF through the Digione board.