IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

9 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

The Qobuz player will not stream 192kHz files correctly using Wasapi exclusive output with either my Rega or OPPO DAC. The Qobuz player will stream 192kHz files correctly using ASIO to either the Rega or OPPO DAC. However, the Qobuz app WILL NOT play files contained in a playlist at the correct sampling rate in either of my two DACs, whether I select Wasapi exclusive or ASIO as the output option.

Yes, exactly as I find in respect of WASAPI exclusive v. ASIO.

I have not come across the varying sample rates in the playlist problem. would you kindly give an example of such a playlist so that I can see what happens with it on my system?

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

don't know if this has been brought up in this thread before or not, I have not been following it.

I just found out that the files that the Qobuz desktop app downloads to a cache file to play, without adding them to any offline files, are not deleted when the program closes, when I went looking for what the heck was taking up 25GB of space on my boot drive suddenly. It was not happening before the last update, as far as I can tell.

Downloading to the cache has always been a feature of Qobuz. You can stop the contents of the cache being displayed in the "Interface" tab in your account and the cache can be cleared via the "Music Playing" tab.

1 hour ago, coot said:

When I play Qobuz through my Aurender, gapless tracks don't play gapless

As it plays gapless on the i-mac and for most other people I think that you can safely assume that it is a problem with Aurender. It sounds like they may not have activated gapless replay when integrating the Qobuz API. I know that implementing gapless replay can be a technical problem in some circumstances and possibly Aurender did not think that the demand for it supported the needed investment to get it working. There is an article in the current HiFi News about the piecemeal implementation of gapless replay across the audio industry.

I would contact Aurender ( or their local distributor) and ask a direct question.

NB: Gapless replay is not possible when using the web browser version of the Qobuz app.

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

After that finished I opened the now playing, or Queue tab at the bottom and cleared it.

That doesn't clear the cache.  The cache is cleared by opening your account and selecting the "Music Playing" tab, scroll down to Cache Management where you will find ( in red) a "Clear the Cache" option.

And, yes, Qobuz have attached the wrong comment to that Diana Krall album. It is the same on the server for the UK too.

36 minutes ago, rando said:

As previously posted on this forum.  Please insert the album ID # after "p?"

Just out of interest if I need to raise any similar matters in the future what is the album ID and where is it cited? Or is this something that only applies to the USA service? Is the album ID the same for all Qobuz territories? BTW, your link only takes me to a sign in dialogue which, in turn, is for the French service which won't log me in as I am from the UK.

24 minutes ago, rando said:

Album ID would be the album ID as listed in the browser address for that exact album on the Qobuz browser player. 

Any such album ID cannot be seen when using any of the Qobuz desktop apps nor if you use a device that incorporates the Qobuz API. It is only viewable in the Qobuz Web Player which, being browser based shows a URL. However the Web Player is not the  best way to access Qobuz as , like all ( AFAIK) web players it is not possible to implement gapless replay. Further there  is no audio device selection available which means that bit perfect audio is also not possible without reconfiguring the sound engine in the OS for each change of file resolution.

Finally checking some album IDs via the Web Player I see that the album ID format for the UK does not resemble the example that you posted so it looks as if these IDs may vary from Qobuz territory to territory.

However, je vous remercie!

35 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

Both pricing information and batch edit seem to have been removed from Favourites, nor does there seem to be any method to be able to skip quickly to the end of my list

You can still sort the list in order of artist name or release date if that helps, at least on the desktop. You can make the end of your list now the beginning which may help . Maybe the box for doing this is obscured on your i-pad ? In fact are you referring not to changes on the desktop but to changes on the iOS version for mobile devices?  Or are you talking about the web browser as you refer to their website? It would help if you would kindly clarify which of the Qobuz applications you refer to.

1 hour ago, church_mouse said:

I am referring to the Qobuz website

I am sorry but I am still unclear. Qobuz has 2 basic  websites. Are you referring to the Qobuz Download Store which is basically separate from the streaming operation ( although the desktop streaming app links to it) ? However that doesn't have a Favourites option. Nor does the other website which is where you sign up to join.

I still think that you are not referring to a website but to the Qobuz Web Player i.e. the browser player. That does have a Favourites selection , but it also has a sort option.  I could, of course, be wrong and you are talking about something that I haven't come across.

24 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

I am referring to the Qobuz website

This, as far as I am concerned, is the Qobuz website. Are you referring to this? If it isn't his or the download store AFAIK all that is left is one of the Qobuz player apps. If so which ?1263929128_Screenshot(123).thumb.png.02b33338504696bb0a52a8a2d0b67e96.png?

As I said there may be something I haven't come across before and I haven't used the Qobuz webpage since I signed up with them four years ago.

I can only suggest that , at least for the time being , you now access your favourites via the player. At least you can sort the list to a degree. Prices will have to be found by opening the album and clicking the bag ( buy) icon. I have to say that in any case if I want to buy a download I will not just click the buy icon but will go off to competitive websites to see if Qobuz are really the cheapest. Often they are but certainly not always. And at least you should be receiving emails from them about any discount promotions e.g. currently for the UK there is one on Pentatone,  but caveat emptor.

I have some sympathy with Qobuz for not showing the prices at first glance for every album in a favourites list as there are usually 3 different prices for each and they no doubt want to upload this information once only to  a single linked  location.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Someone wrote that they could see the price of an album for download purchase within the Qobuz app, but I can't find it anywhere. If I want to check the price I have to go to the Qobuz store website

Open the full page album view in Qobuz desktop. Look at the left hand side below the cover art.  You will see a number of icons ( play, add to favourites etc.). One looks like a bag;  a shopping bag. That is the buy icon click that and the prices for the album in various formats is displayed. Click the price and you will be taken to the store to complete your purchase.

47 minutes ago, bos said:

What about Ireland ?

I would have imagined that price changes to the UK service would be reflected in the other European services albeit in euro or other applicable currency. BTW, not only have prices dropped but there are now only two plans; Studio Premier and Sublime+.

It should be easy to check as you may have received an email notifying the changes and providing a link to renew your existing subscription with a credit against any remaining time (for  Sublime+). You could also just check the Qobuz home page for Ireland as, if the change applies there, it should now display the new rates.

4 hours ago, chris020 said:

Had an email this morning stating my charge for the 19th Feb would be £14.99

The answer to your question will be found on the previous page to this one.  If you are a UK subscriber Qobuz has brought its charging broadly into line with the USA which means a reduction in price for the future. It has also dropped the old MP3 and CD  resolution only plans. So there are now two subscription plans only, Studio Premier and Sublime+. Both offer hi-res but Sublime + also provides discounted downloads.

1 hour ago, Norton said:

Assuming these were recorded as DSD or high rate PCM, any chance of upgrading them to 24/96, transfered  from the master or at least from the DSD distribution files?  

I wouldn't make any assumption about original recording formats. There is no provenance available not even an equivalent to the CD SPARS code. The vast majority of SACDs do not have a DSD source and , sadly, sometimes not even a hi-rez one.

Qobuz does not have any rights to remaster recordings and they have no access to the master tapes or files . They can only stream or sell what the record labels send to them. So your question about improved formats really needs to be addressed to CPO or  Exton themselves.