IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

23 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi, Yes the supplier don't give us the booklet. The supply team ask them to get it. 

Regards

Sorry but the supplier answer us there is no booklet for this release. This is a mistake on our side.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 5/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, JPhipps said:

Reading this made me think that a public roadmap of sorts could be beneficial for those interested in following feature development.

It would take some initial time to set-up, but I imagine you would be saving time from not needing to give general updates upon request.

It could be something as simple as a dev-blog (which possibly exists, I may just be ignorant to this information) or as frilly as a custom graphic!

Hi,

I will propose this to the head of product.

12 hours ago, Peter_T said:

To come back to missing CD's : Last year I found in Qobuz 3 albums of pianist Imogen Cooper titled: "Schubert Live Volume 1, 2 and 3". All 3 BBC recordings. I can still find them in my Roon library, but now all the albums are marked "not available". I looked on the Qobuz website and found that they are no longer listed under Imogen Cooper's discography. Why are these CD's deleted?

It would be nice if Qobuz could give some notification of these deletions to its users. 

Hi,

I don't know for these album but maybe the label/supplier change and we do not have a deal with the new one. Or this albums are just remove from the catalogue. We do not decide to remove an album it is the choice of the supplier.

Regards

18 hours ago, johey said:

Hello,

It seems that Qobuz via chromecast does not yet support gapless album play? Or is that the responsibility of the playback device (in my case a Sony HT-A7000)? I think gapless play is really important for a lot of listeners. It hurts the listening experience a lot when the music every time is abruptly interrupted.

I've searched this thread - the last time this topic seems to have come up was in 2018 (cf. link below) and at that time Roon was already able to do it. So I strongly hope this soon becomes possible for Qobuz too! Or that it's already possible in some way.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Johan

Hi,

The chromecast device is not Gapless. It means that it is not able to launch two instances of player to chain from one to the other.

Actually for Qobuz this is how the gapless works so we can't do gapless on chromecast.

Regards

13 hours ago, John Hughes said:

Are there any plans for an Android TV app for Qobuz?  It's the missing link in my musical environment right now.  The Nvidia Shield is actually a pretty good sounding device for music. 

Sorry not plan yet but we will do it asap.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 9:13 PM, John Hughes said:

Are there any plans for an Android TV app for Qobuz?  It's the missing link in my musical environment right now.  The Nvidia Shield is actually a pretty good sounding device for music. 

Not yet in the roadmap but it will come

On 5/24/2022 at 8:34 PM, Talisman said:

I see the Qobuz team has been hard at work behind the scenes! Kudos. As promised, we now have the same playback indicator with media controls (Windows desktop app) that other media apps use — the one on the top-left of the screen.

However, it's not completely functional. It doesn't pop up during track changes. The old Windows Notification indicator at the bottom-right of the screen still does the track change popup.

Consequently, it's possible to have both indicators on the screen at once — if you, for example, change volume after a track change (see screenshot).

1688028537_Qobuzscreenshot.thumb.jpg.79cc05829aab50f746ebf80b3e714b38.jpg

Hi,

This is not the same event. But I agree we need to clarify. The one on bottom right must be update or remove. The other one works only with volume change. I will contact Microsoft to get the best use case.

Regards

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

This may have been asked before but does Qobuz regard mp3 320 as CD Quality? I recently bought a CD album that turned out to be mp3 320.

Hi CD quality and MP3 for Qobuz are two different quality. Can you share me the album with the issue ?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Aeyrxe said:

What a delight to find Qobuz staff participating in a community forum. What an even bigger delight to find a place where I can share my short laundry list of Qobuz issues:

• Favourites I add from the desktop app don't appear automatically in the Android app. The only way I have found to make them appear is to manually clear the app's cache in Android settings. The Android app should automatically refresh its locally cached favourites from the Qobuz service. A swipe down action to force a refresh might also be nice.
  • When playing through Android Auto, if streaming times out due to network connectivity problems playback cannot be recovered from the Android Auto interface. The entire Android Auto music player UI is replaced with a 'Something went wrong' error message, and playback cannot be resumed because the play button is no longer present. This means I can't resume playback where it stopped without picking up my phone, unlocking it, and using the Qobuz app, obviously something not to be done while driving. Other streaming apps don't have this problem - their failure modes don't cause the entire Android Auto music player UI to vanish.
  • The Weekly Q playlist is not available on Sonos. 

And a question: what's the best way to report catalogue metadata errors (in my present case, multiple artists with the same name that should be split out into separate artist profiles)?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Favourites: We are working on a new place to display the user library, and the synch between all app will be apply here.

Android Auto: Issue already plan hope to upgrade it asap.

Weekly Q: for every partner this take time to add this feature but this is in progress for some of them. Not for sonos for the moment but I will try to boost this.

Regards

On 6/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, austinpop said:

David,

There appear to be 2 problems right now.

Problem 1:

Problem 2:

• I could not find these albums using a search phrase like "Mahler 9 Bernstein" and was wondering why, until I noticed all three albums have a missing "space" in the title:
    • Mahler: Symphony No.9 (Live). Notice no space between No. and 9.
  • Please correct the title to:
    • Mahler: Symphony No. 9 (Live)

Hi,

Here come news about this feedback from our supply chain

There is not a real issue, this is two different product.

The last one (https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894795352) is a HiRes version with a grouping of tracks into works. This version will have an update of the meta data soon.

Regards

1 hour ago, Lebouwsky said:

Hello guys, I’m having trouble launching Qobuz and I was hoping someone can help me. 

My asus z690 audio pc runs on windows ltsc with jcat femto usb and network card an AO. Everything was fine until about a month ago. The pc was running fine, but Qobuz didn’t launch anymore at all. When double clicking nothing happens, just blanc. Re-installed Qobuz… no results. Qobuz does work when I log in on their website with Microsoft Edge, but I like the app way more.

Desperate as I was I updated the bios, did a clean install of ltsc with all the necessary drivers and waited with AO. Installed Qobuz on this clean install and same results, no launch of the app.

Does anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.

Hi

What happen when you launch the app? Do you get some error message or user feedback form?

1 hour ago, Lebouwsky said:

Hello David, thank you for responding so quickly. There’s no error message or user feedback form, just nothing. Maybe there’s something going on at the background but as far as I can judge there’s nothing. Even desperately double clicking with 150 bpm doesn’t work, can you imagine! 😅

Can you go to the directory C:\Users\YOUR PROFIL\AppData\Roaming\Qobuz and remove all the content, then launch again the app.

46 minutes ago, Anders O said:

Hi there,

I had the same problem a while back on Windows 11. What worked for me was to uninstall Qobuz installed from Microsoft Store, restart, an reinstall with the download from the Qobuz site. If this resembles your situation, it could be worth a try.

Cheers.

The version available on the windows store is not the last one. This is not so easy to have our application valide for this store.

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

How about the Android version? I see it's still playing my hi-res purchases at CD Quality.

Sorry I'm not aware of this issue. I've just switched to the responsible player on all the apps, I haven't yet done an overview of the Android and iOS apps. If you can send me all information in private I can have a look.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 1:38 AM, jamezua said:

When I use the webplayer on my Pc in Chrome and Microsoft Edge I get this message: "sorry, unable to load this file at the moment", but the app works fine, happens also in my laptop, I logged in and out and delete cookies and cache but still doesn't work, what's happening? Thanks ...

Captura.JPG

Hi

Can you give me the version of each web browser ?

Regards

On 6/24/2022 at 11:18 AM, DuckToller said:

Hi @Qobuz or someone who knows the solution of my problem,

my research didn't provide sufficent information (perhaps by not using the correct terms ?), therefore I'm asking here:
How can I transfer my imports (the offline library) from one internal Phone SD card to another (new phone) internal SD card?
If the process would allow to transfer the Downloads (purchased items) correspondingly, I would be content as well.
I have noticed that the playlists were transferred with my account to the new phone.
Thanks in advance
Tom

Hi,

Sorry this is not possible. We will see in the future how can we do this safely.

Regards