IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

We're looking at Oct. We're doing beta testing as we speak. Thanks for the note.

That's good news and really hoping for full Roon integration.   Not a Tidal fan and reluctantly pay my $20+/month bill for it simply because it's reasonably well integrated with Roon.  An alternative would be most welcome.  

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Our product is good but not perfect and I think the American market is more demanding than the European market. So if it were up to me, I would postpone the release in the USA even more. But I only have the product vision and not business, so it won't depend on me alone.

It does not change the fact that the product is working and that everything necessary will be done to improve it further.

I've been using Qobuz in a variety of configurations during the last month or so;   Chromecast Audio,  Airplay to Raspberry,  IOS native,   MacOSX, Web App.   I've also used it mobile in the car via Bluetooth and am very happy to report that not only are the apps refined and extremely functional they are also easy to use.   The service seems rock steady  and I've had no problem in daily use.   

I'm a Tidal and Deezer subscriber as well and I can say that when Qobuz formally launches in the US and is integrated with Roon I will be dropping my Tidal subscription.   Great job on the rollout and infrastructure Qobuz has developed in prep for launch.    

3 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Thanks, but we know that we have problem with DLNA, some issues.. Android app need to be realy improve. But all will come.

Curious what are the problems with DLNA?  Right now I'm listening to Qobuz using Audirvana Plus, SOTM-SMS200/MDP/DLNA,  Ayre QB9-DSD and not experiencing any issues.  

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Hi

Is anyone running the Qobuz desktop client on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)?  It runs perfectly here but consistently crashes on exit.

Alan

MacOS 10.14 on early 2015 Macbook Pro.   Works fine,  no crashes on exit.  My problem is the well known one of DLNA/UPnP incompatibilities.  Does not work with SOtM, or Digione but curiously does work with the Dynaudio Connect DLNA/UPnP implementation.   Hoping for an improved release soon. Anyone hear a new date for public release of Qobuz yet?  

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Unfortunately the news are not good for DLNA / uPNP: we have not yet found a solution to the problems encountered. The leads are becoming clearer despite everything.
In the meantime we pass the DLNA / uPNP listening feature as an option, disabled by default (You can enable it in the application settings).
We are not abandoning this feature and are still looking for a solution, unfortunately it will take longer than expected. 

Glad Qobuz isn't abandoning DLNA/uPNP since so many of us depend on it.  It does work fine with Audirvana +  to SOtM and Allo Digione so that will suffice until Roon integration and DLNA/uPNP is reliably working.  

Is the US rollout still scheduled to happen before the end of 2018?   

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is not quite ready but will be soon. The launch will initially be carried out in closed beta.

Regards

Any details on the closed beta?  Expected beta duration,  beta open to whom? 

Hope the general rollout is smooth and soon,  I've been using a Society account and overall pleased with a few minor criticisms.  Eagerly awaiting Roon integration as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Revision History file V 5.0.0-b002:

• Fixed: can't click on the elements at the bottom of the page
  • Fixed: random music malfunction
  • Interface: various interface improvements and problem fixes
  • Interface: new login page
  • Interface: new loader
  • Interface: addition of the Label and Gender columns in the 'Most listened to albums' section and deletion of the duration column
  • Interface: addition of the English/US language
  • Search: non-streamable tracks are now displayed in grey in search results
  • Search: adding artists' photos to search results
  • Fixed: Unable to open a booklet, the application crashes
  • Fixed: Command + h does not work correctly
  • Fixed: impossible to see new Google Cast devices without restarting the application
  • Fixed: display inconsistency between the audio outputs in the parameters and the output selection window
  • Fixed: application not restarted after an update
  • Fixed: actions on the Windows taskbar and Mac dock not working properly
  • Fixed: the reading stops in the middle, the buffer no longer loads
  • UPnP/DLNA: the UPnP/DLNA functionality is disabled by default, a complete redesign of the functionality is planned. However, it remains available in beta by activating it in the application settings
24 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

The sound quality is way better and you have an iOS remote. 

I use both Roon & Audirvana;  if anything my impression is that Roon sounds better by a smidge.  I also prefer the UI in Roon by a mile.   The only reason I'm using Audirvana is because the DLNA/UpnP support in Beta Qobuz IOS/MacOsx apps doesn't work.   I'm also not sold in the pay for use Audirvana remote that gets mediocre usability reviews.  YMMV.  

23 minutes ago, thyname said:

Can't wait for Qobuz to officially launch in US. My three month society trial (CEDIA code) expired.

Roon integration is a must. Please make it happen. Roon folks are very open to it, and say technically possible

My CEDIA code expired as well.  I discovered that if you connect to Qobuz with a mobile app (in my case IOS) you are able to add a month trail to the subscription.  Seems that since Apple is fulfilling the order, at their inflated prices,  it works.  I'm hoping that production Qobuz will launch within the month and so I immediately went in and cancelled the subscription.  Mine is now valid until mid January 2019.   Couldn't stand to loose my Qobuz fix ?

1 hour ago, left channel said:

Many are successfully streaming Qobuz on Allo boxes by running Squeezelite in DietPi, with LMS and the Qobuz plugin on a PC (perhaps also running DietPi) or on an NAS.

No issues at all using Qobuz  with GMRender on Dietpi and Aurdirvana +.  Works fine,  but can't wait until the native apps support DLNA/UPnP.   Even better when Qobuz is fully integrated with Roon. 

1 minute ago, left channel said:

The Mac shouldn't make a difference at all. LMS or A+ or whatever on the Mac, and a corresponding client on the Are you working only with the Qobuz app's beta UPnP support? I wonder if it can see GMRender. What exactly are you running there?

I use a Macbook Pro for my A + installation.  BTW,  Qobuz also works great on my secondary system with SOtM SMS-200 using MPD/DLNA service and A +.