IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. 

Would you you have preferred the he said - he said situation?

I doubt it.

I happen to agree with them, and I will challenge anyone who calls me a troll after the length of time I have been around here. What I feel you and many others are missing is that although it is your right and you are right, the high road would have been to apologize and remove all of TA feeds after he refused your suggestion. Sure he was a bully, and likely a dumb ass, but it is not an excuse to make a scene nor push back publicly with this high school BS. It is his feed and his decision however stupid it might be. Don't you have better things to do than attempt to school a nitwit? I expect this crap from some of the posters here, but I thought you were better than that.

I'll not post further on this stupid topic.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

11 hours ago, Jud said:

Hi Alex - You are of course right that there are moral/ethical issues regarding confidentiality of correspondence.  But I think one might find a better case for moral issues than to keep threats and bullying a private matter.

OK, I said I wouldn't post, but c'mon Jud. Are we to believe that Chris was for any moment actually in fear of anything? There is a difference between a blow hard and someone who is actually litigious with any sort of case. If there was true danger, then perhaps CC was right to do this, but I somehow doubt that there really was any actual fear. This all seems like two angry middle aged dudes puffing their chests while a bunch of people goad them on because they too need the release.

Forrest:

1 hour ago, crenca said:

I hear you.  However, respectfully, you are making some assumptions about "this place", forums, and the internet in general that are "outdated" to pick a term.  Do you open doors for ladies who are not your wife and daughters?  Why not?  Does not Civility and being a gentleman demand it?  It is not a yes or no question, because the answer is really "it depends".  100 years ago, even 50 years ago the answer and expectation was one thing.  Today things are different.  If you insist that "civility" demands opening the door (or standing when a lady walks into the room) today you are revealed to be a Victorian anachronism.  

"This place" might be like a local pub, but this is a local pub on the internet.  Respectfully, your morals, your version of Civility that you assume should be reflected here and elsewhere, is positively dangerous.  I don't say that lightly, but I believe it to be true.  You appear (and only appear - perhaps not really and we are having a miscommunication) to support the kind of morality and civility that would sweep bullying underneath the "maturity" rug in a false effort to hide the real biker in our midst.  I would not willingly bring my kids to such a pub, even if it had the artificial air of friendly banter and English civility.

In other words, you are not really considering an alternative perspective - a different kind or aspect of civility.  You just assuming that Chris has overreacted or is being "high school", etc.  You are assuming the threat is not real.  You are assuming that your perspective is right and that it should be obvious what the mature thing is in relationships and persons of various backgrounds "in the real world".

When the biker walks into your friendly local pub and starts grabbing asses, puffing his chest, throwing bottles, what do you do?

I am not really sure where to go with this, but let me flog ole Nellie a lil more. Your last analogy is bogus. Chris is taking their content and starting a thread on this site and grabbing asses is a whole lot different than getting pissy and saying you'll sue if they don't abide. Seriously, if you want to discuss this, at least be real about it. It was legal threat, not a physical one. No baby seals are at risk here.

And speaking of baby seal deaths, I just don't buy this as bullying. It was an empty threat by a blow hard. Yes, they do exist. If there had been a letter from an attorney, perhaps. But to say that whenever some nitwit says something stupid he should get defamed publicly seems too far. If nothing else, the RSS feed should be stopped as Jeff has been clear about that.

Forrest: