IGNORED

ISO Regen performance Improvement Cheap!

1 minute ago, Abtr said:

Why shouldn't we take this seriously? Can't you read?

Because it's a hobby, and no one is being torn away from their families and locked up in cages. Also, like I said before, if we were discussing ac cabling and supply that would be a different matter regarding safety. Certainly any advice is great to have and taken on board by all who come here, so thank you for that. Just chill on the tone and trolling accusations - it's not helpful or needed. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Ok. I forgot just how mission critical home hifi is to some. I stand corrected and will let you and others carry on. Done with this thread - I’ll go “troll” with Cornan over on the experimental thread. And listen to some glorious sound with my dangerous, improperly made cables. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

35 minutes ago, sandyk said:

How many times do I need to repeat this ?

I said with Prototypes that are continually being connected/disconnected !!!

The prototype shown in the photo had it's output devices destroyed due to a single strand of loose wire in the active side of the Output terminals. The PCB design had too small copper lands, and a couple of traces were destroyed during repairs and needed a couple of short wire links to repair the damage.

15W Class A  Will's PCB.jpg

So which is it? Tin or not tin? Since it seems there can be no consensus as to which is best or safest that’s why I said maybe we should all just chill and not take either “side” so seriously as there’s always more than one way to approach just about anything. 

Or as Fleetwood Mac so aptly put it:

”go your own way” 

1 hour ago, Abtr said:

You sound as if you have a personal problem with not tinning wire strands. Is it because you now must redo multiple DC cables (and maybe other connections) that you did with screw terminals and tinned strands? B|

I don’t. And I think you’re actually correct. But the way you come across with it, and the debate in general, is worth a bit of a wind up imo. Sorry if I’ve offended. 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, rah50 said:

Cornan:

What do think is the largest gauge of wire + Kemet lead that will fit into the LT3045 screw-in terminal? I want to order some better hookup wire than I have been using, something like Neotech Solid, maybe 14 gauge or so?

Thanks!

I'm using 12awg Neotech solid hook up. 12awg will fit, and you could slip a Kemets lead in the side as well but it's tight. If I had to do it again I'd go with 14. The Neotech sounds much nicer than the 12awg Romex I tried, but give it a couple hundred hours burn in. 

14 minutes ago, John769 said:

Do you still have one on the input side?

Yep, two. One on the Oyaide at the output of the LPS-1 and one on the input to the lt3045. Both done Cornan style with the cable soldered partway down the legs of the Kemet caps. I took the spare two caps I have now and added them also Cornan style to the cables of my NUC and external 2.5” usb drive (both fed by HDPLEX 100). Everything sounding amazing. 

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Another interesting thing happening at US Audio Mart is Tubelover2’s amazing audio flag find at the point when doing a dual Cat8. Sorry, but is’nt that what I did some time ago? Just saying! ?

He should get over the whole poe thing and just go with some good proper gauge separated wire. 

6 hours ago, Monge said:

I was reading the POE thread over at USaudiomart Yesterday and my bloodpressure went up and the reading about Cornan and Charlesphoto and others made me very sad.

I sincerly hope tubelover2 will stop his personal attacks and concentrate on the Audio related things, that he is good at.

Regards Monge

I could care less about him. I'm enjoying the most amazing sound and music with my oversized solid 12awg Neotech/Kemet/lt3045 cable. Let's not forget the bigger the gauge, the less the resistance, etc. It really sounds huge and meaty, and better without the Kemet's on the output of the 3045 - big fat, short pieces of wire soldered with Mundorf Supreme to Oyaides is where it's at imo.