IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

...MSB has their ProUSB/ISL converter, but that still uses USB in. They say:

Key features.

768kHz PCM Playback

8x DSD support*

Full MQA decoding*

100% Electrical isolation between the DAC and server/computer

Uses the audio clock from the DAC

Supports ProISL cable lengths up to 1km without any loss

Requires ProISL Input module in the DAC

Will only work with current DACs (Discrete, Premier, Reference, and Select)

*8x DSD and MQA support require firmware updates in the DAC

Emile Bok at Taiko has been talking about new protocol he is working on the eliminate USB completely, which he asserts is the primary limiting factor to truly improved performance. 

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, TomJ said:

They just want content from users to keep their site interesting and get clicks for ads, but give nothing in return and don't accept legal claims from authors - that's what I call a taker's mentality.

I have enjoyed reading your posts here, but your perspective regarding forums differs from mine. 

Of course, sites want interesting content. Of course they want "clicks." Of course they sell ad space. 

How do you think they survive?

And presumably, you recognized these characteristics before you posted your first post. 

IMO the risk and financial investment to create a site and keep it going is often overlooked.

A comment like: "...but give nothing in return..." supports my assertion that you seem to think this way.

So, on one hand, you say it gives nothing in return, except you publish here, which provides you with *something* right?

And as a side point: publishing in multiple places is largely a cut/paste operation, right? Unless you are referring to the over-head required to manage a site; in which case, circle back to above comments.

I hope you'll keep posting here, but understand if not.  

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png