IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

Mine arrived this afternoon!  Out of town till Sunday.  Unfortunately systems in Limbo.  Oppo Sonica off to EVS for a second round of Ric's latest updates.  Dave at Zenwave is building me a new Silver Gold headphone cable.  Also doing his 1.2 upgrade DC cables in OCC silver.  Will be running one LPS 1.2 to my Jcat USB femto card and one to the Iso Regen that came with this.  Will compare to my Ifi Galvanic 3 and my W4S Recovery!   Stay tuned....will be about another week!

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, feelingears said:

Sorry if a little off-topic: +2 for Dave's silver cables. Two of his cables (one DC power, one DIN interconnect) put the finishing touch on an extremely emotionally engaging system for me. I say this because it totally has me planning to upgrade the LPS-1 in my system to the 1.2 as soon as I can. And the Ethernet thingy if/when it launches.

It may be but the silver OCC is worth considering when your trying to squeeze all the DC juice from the LPS 1.2!  I have Dave's AC cords on my computer  and my DAC! I am also am running his Neotech silver gold OCC stranded on my headphones.  If your running USB cable take a look at Mad Scientist  Audio. Their new Black Magic out of the ISO Regen is unbelievable. Was running a silver gold Neotech previously. This completely smoked it. It should be available within a couple weeks.  It has very interesting approach. Bob was kind enough to let me have one a bit early!  I run a 1.2 w my JCAT Femto>>>PCUSB>>>ISO Regen w 1 2>>>Black Magic cable>>>DAC!!!  It's simply amazing!  

Very Happy Listening!

Everything makes a difference with digital.

With that in mind.  Not only try better DC wire. .it makes a difference.  Again I do the Zenwave Audio Silver OCC.  They make a quite noticeable difference.  Also try brass cones under your lps1.2.  its subtle but if your system is resolving enough everything is slightly cleaner, more relaxed and a but more intelligible!

Just saying

Happy Listening!

• 4 months later...

Try whichever you like!  The main point is that in a very high resolution system you can hear that it makes a difference.  And carefully positioned you can accomplish that with just one foot!  But to do so it has to be rigidly braced. I do use a hard very slightly compliant puck in top under the brace to prevent any extraneous extra vibration being added.  And finally I shim till it's as tight as I fit as possible.   Just saying...it's worth trying!  Photo showing system and music ssd drives done this way with a Mapleshade brass footer and the other a blackpod tc nano!

Happy Listening

IMG_20180721_102646589.jpg

• 1 year later...

You could contact Cuinas Audio in Northern Ireland.   Their Supercap ISO PS is pretty amazing!  I have compared it with an LPS 1.2

Lets just say to be PC here it will surprise you. But its cable of delivering well over 4 to as much as maybe 5A of current!  I can run 2 SSD drives and my JCAT from one 5V unit and it doesn't even get warm.

I beleive John Kinney can do and is planning on releasing much higher voltage models.  Or you could series 2 of his 12 Volt models.  His prices are quite reasonable.

jgwtriode