Jump to content
IGNORED

Mac output better than my Schiit Fulla?


Recommended Posts

According to BitPerfect, my Schiit Fulla is capable of 24-bit/48 kHz output, but that the built-in output of my Mac Mini is capable of 32-bit/96 kHz output. Does that mean it is actually better to run my audio directly from my Mac and not use my Schiit DAC at all?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, charwood said:

According to BitPerfect, my Schiit Fulla is capable of 24-bit/48 kHz output, but that the built-in output of my Mac Mini is capable of 32-bit/96 kHz output. Does that mean it is actually better to run my audio directly from my Mac and not use my Schiit DAC at all?

 

Thanks.

I had the original Schiit Fulla and I didn't think much of it. The gain stage distorted terribly. Cheaply made, not worthwhile. However, my Schiit Sys arrives tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, wwaldmanfan said:

I had the original Schiit Fulla and I didn't think much of it. The gain stage distorted terribly. Cheaply made, not worthwhile. However, my Schiit Sys arrives tomorrow.

So after a Schiit experience you didn't like, why get more of their gear?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, esldude said:

So after a Schiit experience you didn't like, why get more of their gear?

 

I'm not going to judge a whole company by their lowest-end product, that's not smart. I would still consider another Schiit unit if the features appealed to me. In fact, I got the SYS today. It is exactly what I needed, and I like it very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

@wwaldmanfan agree with you-did you or do have the Magni headphone box-always feel it wears on you and gets harsh after long use so i just plug directly into my ancient Yamaha rx-v2500 which still is sweet with headphones or not especially all the bells and whistles it has

my original delta sigma Schiit Gungnir has 'pooped out' went from delivering 44 all way up to 192 but now only delivers 16/48-must be the Gungnir's USB board,eh?

bobbmd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, wgscott said:

The internal DAC is generally said to be noisier,

This is true for old computers. But recent computers have better internal soundcard than cheap DACs. My 2 years old Toshiba laptop's headphone jack has no audible noise. Sound quality is much better than Dragonfly black!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...