IGNORED

Launch Issues & Comments

1 minute ago, Jeremy Anderson said:

@The Computer Audiophile thanks for the new marketplace. Excited to use it!

To that end, I tried to create my first listing and clicked 'Save Draft' thinking I could:

a) not to lose my work

b) preview my work before I finalized it (always a good plan...)

Well, the draft saved (i saw a confirmation message), however my form was reset to ground zero (all data and pictures removed, as if I'd just started a brand new listing). 

Now I can't find my draft anywhere, or a place to view what drafts I have...

Where do I go to view (and then publish...) my saved drafts?

Thanks!

Hi Jeremy - Thanks for the kind words. 

We've created Grand Central for links to everything you could ever need. Here is a link to Grand Central

I believe what you want it here - Home > Grand Central > Sell / Sold

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Jeremy - Thanks for the kind words. 

We've created Grand Central for links to everything you could ever need. Here is a link to Grand Central

I believe what you want it here - Home > Grand Central > Sell / Sold

Ah, whew! Thanks, Chris!

May I humbly suggest that that link be more easily discoverable when clicking 'SELL' up above?

Another option might be to add a menu to the SELL link (similar to the menu BUY has) which links us directly to our seller dashboard?

Also, these buttons are quite confusing. The links say 'edit' but the text of the button makes me feel like clicking either of them will immediately list the product. There's also no other link / button the page which clearly says 'Edit'...

image.thumb.png.316cc691a9cab7f552ee715e775ac8cc.png

Ah, i see now that:

Both of those 'Sell Product' buttons just help me create a new listing.

Only by hovering my mouse over the draft do I get links (which appear out of thin air on mouse hover) to let me Edit or View the draft. 

If you want blunt feedback, this kind of 'mystery meat navigation' should be avoided as it just leaves the user confused. They can't simply read the page to discover what is possible -- they have to also put their mouse in the right location.   iOS (Safari) has the same problem. It isn't until you 'tap' some of the whitespace around the listing that the Edit / View buttons materialize.

image.thumb.png.d51b932d463ab0a956b25b32f145dc71.png 

Another issue with Drafts:

I never published my Draft, but it seems to have done so on my behalf.

When I clicked 'Edit', it took me to the page I expected. I reviewed the contents and clicked 'Save Changes':

image.thumb.png.2193e07736445b4f5a413a33e52d8193.png

Afterwards, Superphonica had published my listing. 

Now, should I have clicked 'Save Draft' to save the Draft that I was editing without publishing it?  Perhaps. But there was zero confirmation or indication that Saving the Changes to the Draft I was Editing would actually Publish said Draft for reals. Hmm.

Perhaps that button should say 'Publish Draft' or 'List Item Now'  when you're Editing a Draft.  That would be much more clear.

An issue with search indexing:

I just listed a product. It is here:

https://superphonica.com/all-products/cables/speaker-cables/nordost-blue-heaven-ls-speaker-cable-4m/

As you can see it has lots of appropriate tags and is rife with keywords in the title as well.

Yet, searching for it is a fruitless endeavor:

• Searching for 'nordost' returns: Showing 0 results for "Nordost" 
  • Searching for 'blue heaven' returns: No results for "blue heaven", Showing 3 results for "blu"

If i browse directly to Buy > Speaker Cables and then browse to the last page, I can find my listing... but that's not ideal.

How fast are new listings added to the search index?

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Anderson said:

An issue with search indexing:

I just listed a product. It is here:

https://superphonica.com/all-products/cables/speaker-cables/nordost-blue-heaven-ls-speaker-cable-4m/

As you can see it has lots of appropriate tags and is rife with keywords in the title as well.

Yet, searching for it is a fruitless endeavor:

• Searching for 'nordost' returns: Showing 0 results for "Nordost" 
  • Searching for 'blue heaven' returns: No results for "blue heaven", Showing 3 results for "blu"

If i browse directly to Buy > Speaker Cables and then browse to the last page, I can find my listing... but that's not ideal.

How fast are new listings added to the search index?

Yes, our search tech is quite good but it doesn't index immediately. I'm working on faster indexing.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't disagree with any of it. 

I've added a Products tab to the top of the screen when adding a product. the tab displays all your products.

Working on other enhancements now.

Groovy. I think it would be clearer if the 'active tab' reflected what you're actually doing. E.g.:

5a568247b0395_superphonicafeedbacknewlistingtab.thumb.png.879363dffc25654c5269196925e36a59.png

I listed an item and the format looks nice and clean. I was wondering it would be okay to link to feedback on another site. I would like people to have an idea of who they are buying from and feel comfortable till I establish feedback here. Or at least list where they can view feedback if they want to go look. 

stereo :  Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / Lumin U1 streamer / Lampizator Big 7 / EAR 912 linestage / Pass Labs XA100.8  / Marten Coltrane Soprano speakers

nas : Qnap tvs-471 

2 minutes ago, RichardA1 said:

I listed an item and the format looks nice and clean. I was wondering it would be okay to link to feedback on another site. I would like people to have an idea of who they are buying from and feel comfortable till I establish feedback here. 

Federated feedback is an important thing to offer. Perhaps there's a way they can 'link' your account to other marketplaces like eBay, AudiogoN, US/CA Audio Mart, etc. (requiring you to authenticate once as that 'other user' so you can't just say you're so-and-so on eBay with 50,000 super star ratings. hehe)

3 minutes ago, RichardA1 said:

I listed an item and the format looks nice and clean. I was wondering it would be okay to link to feedback on another site. I would like people to have an idea of who they are buying from and feel comfortable till I establish feedback here. Or at least list where they can view feedback if they want to go look. 

Totally fine and encouraged if it helps sell the product. 

45 minutes ago, Jeremy Anderson said:

Ah, i see now that:

Both of those 'Sell Product' buttons just help me create a new listing.

Only by hovering my mouse over the draft do I get links (which appear out of thin air on mouse hover) to let me Edit or View the draft. 

If you want blunt feedback, this kind of 'mystery meat navigation' should be avoided as it just leaves the user confused. They can't simply read the page to discover what is possible -- they have to also put their mouse in the right location.   iOS (Safari) has the same problem. It isn't until you 'tap' some of the whitespace around the listing that the Edit / View buttons materialize.

image.thumb.png.d51b932d463ab0a956b25b32f145dc71.png 

Got rid of the mystery meat. It bugged me too, but hadn't made it to the list of things to tackle yet.

I had the best of intentions to post a for sale on the new marketplace. Problem was I couldn't mentally connect to what I was typing in on the descriptions and how it would look as a final result. There were no templates as such, would have helped?

Understanding the editor is much the same as the forum, and ventured to the FAQ. 

The FAQ were too overwhelming, gave up and started a subscription to CA and post on the regular For Sale and posted the ad in 20 minutes or less including time to find the photos.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 minute ago, One and a half said:

I had the best of intentions to post a for sale on the new marketplace. Problem was I couldn't mentally connect to what I was typing in on the descriptions and how it would look as a final result. There were no templates as such, would have helped?

Understanding the editor is much the same as the forum, and ventured to the FAQ. 

The FAQ were too overwhelming, gave up and started a subscription to CA and post on the regular For Sale and posted the ad in 20 minutes or less including time to find the photos.

Hi 1.5 - Thanks for the feedback. There is a draft button to save your listings and view them before posting. 

Our goal was to streamline the process and making it simple, allowing edits after an item is listen as well. 

We’ll keep at it.