IGNORED

The fact that Atkinson showed up here

13 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

I absolutely adore the fact that MQA is promoted in the context of every review of every digital product. So you punish companies that have not fallen in line and plant doubt in a prospective buyers mind. Subliminal market making. SHAMEFUL.

"However, Bryston hasn't yet decided whether or not to include MQA capability in their digital gear, which may make some think twice about upgrading to a BDP-3."

https://www.stereophile.com/content/bryston-bdp-3-digital-music-player#bGTT7jya0e8kqeMc.99

Let me stop you there.  That statement was made in a review written by Larry Greenhill and, despite what you seem to believe, JA does not impose his views on the writers.  The opinions expressed are those of the writer and that goes for JA, too. 

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

54 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

It is far worse even than telling consumers they should think twice about buying an amazing sounding DAC because it does not do DSD, or a SOTA SACD player because it does not do multi channel.

All of those are factual notices which the consumer can use as he chooses.  

54 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

I did not mean to imply that it was a JA review.  However, using every review to evangelize MQA, is still, in a word, shameful.

All opinions expressed are those of the writer.  

Kal Rubinson

2 minutes ago, crenca said:

I do believe it would be trivial to purchase 90, 95, 98% of everything you have reviewed in the last couple of years (or is still on your recommended components listings) from manufacturers/distributors/importers that have advertised in any single issue during that period.  I don't believe for a second that I could only purchase about 50% of what you review/recommend from the many manufacturers/distributors/importers who advertise with you...

Hardly to be expected from even a Junior Objectivist.  

Kal Rubinson