IGNORED

Neil Young’s online music archive is here: every single song ever recorded by Young is available to stream for free in high-resolution quality

ferenc

• ferenc changed the title to Neil Young’s online music archive is here: every single song ever recorded by Young is available to stream for free in high-resolution quality

Some of these sound really, really good.   Odd quirky interface.  Like Neil I guess. 

Glad you made this post. 

Looks like much of what is there is 24/192 though not everything.  If your internet connection can't cope with that it drops down a step until it works.  Or you can manually drop to 320 kbps mp3.  

I received an email saying it would be free until June 30th.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

24/192 PCM is nice, but as Chris Connaker mentioned in his comment in the other thread about this topic, you need a computer with a web browser, tablet or smartphone to enjoy the Neil Young Archives. This are usually no preferable sources for best sound quality and to enjoy the benefits of HiRes music.

Actually on my average VDSL web connection, I could listen it in 192k, without any stuttering, drops, no problem at all, just fine music. I use Macbook Pro and Safari to a Heed Abacus DAC, and do not miss any of my high-end players, it just sounds very good this way.