IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

@barrows

ok thanks ill ask. So after listening for 3 hours to the Ultradigital my Stellar Dac went on the fritz, loud static, then no screen on reboot. Still functional otherwise now but will be sending back. 

The ultradigital powered by Mk2 Sbooster owns the Ultrarendu in my system. Holographic, more harmonic information, everything is more natural. Nice job Sonore! 

Oh by the way, the Ultradigital really does something because previously I went back and forth on Pcm vs pcm to DSD in A+ a million times. They were different with just the Ultrarendu in the chain but not huge. 

With th the Ultradigital the DSD conversion sounds euphonic with way too much airiness and no focus. Very weird trippy sound. Ultradigital with pcm straight from A+ is pretty much perfect. 

On 12/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Cxp said:

Oh by the way, the Ultradigital really does something because previously I went back and forth on Pcm vs pcm to DSD in A+ a million times. They were different with just the Ultrarendu in the chain but not huge. 

With th the Ultradigital the DSD conversion sounds euphonic with way too much airiness and no focus. Very weird trippy sound. Ultradigital with pcm straight from A+ is pretty much perfect. 

Update to this, the euphonic sound was due to a technical setup issue with the Ultradigital. Jesus helped me adjust and DSD is now perfect with only DIP #7 on with Stellar Dac.

And as previously described, A+ DSD conversion w/Sox blows away PCM on Stellar Dac.

Jesus,

I have a question about DIP #7 setting about Gustard  (using Gustard X22 DAC).

There are 2 different Gustard specifications in 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h5PMUBkldkpt1rCnAR4ZHYGZNeCe-vwIFyKWYMZWsX0/htmlview#

I configure it OFF as in

https://www.sonore.us/ultraDigital.html  according Gustard

but LR chanels are reversed in DSD (comparing to PCM).

Do I need switch DIP #7  ON ?

Thanks, Ivars

iMac27 with 2 x SSD , Aqvox USB cable , Auralic Vega , McIntosh C2200 preamp , Bi-amped MC275 , Triangle Concerto , Velodyne DD15 sub , Custom Balanced Power Management , Supra Sword XLR Cables , Triangle Silver Loudspeaker Cables , Supra Power Cables

4 hours ago, ivarsmu said:

Jesus,

I have a question about DIP #7 setting about Gustard  (using Gustard X22 DAC).

There are 2 different Gustard specifications in 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h5PMUBkldkpt1rCnAR4ZHYGZNeCe-vwIFyKWYMZWsX0/htmlview#

I configure it OFF as in

https://www.sonore.us/ultraDigital.html  according Gustard

but LR chanels are reversed in DSD (comparing to PCM).

Do I need switch DIP #7  ON ?

Thanks, Ivars

Yes try it. It should not affect DSD channels, but test it with L/R channel test files to be sure. 

Thank You, Jesus,

indeed setting DIP 7 into ON changed channel mapping, now PCM and DSD is similar.... but reversed.

Setting DIP 7 into OFF , PCM is correct, but DSD reversed.

Using Gustard X22 into I2S input.

So question remain the same, how to set DIP correct for DSD?

Or it is a bug into Gustard firmware?

Thanks again, Ivars

iMac27 with 2 x SSD , Aqvox USB cable , Auralic Vega , McIntosh C2200 preamp , Bi-amped MC275 , Triangle Concerto , Velodyne DD15 sub , Custom Balanced Power Management , Supra Sword XLR Cables , Triangle Silver Loudspeaker Cables , Supra Power Cables

Additionally , when DIP 7 is OFF, DSD channel mapping is reversed and out of phase. PCM is in correct phase and mapping.

If DIP 7 is ON both PCM and DSD is in correct phase but reversed mapping.

Ivars

Looks like the correct channel mapping and phasing for Gustard X22 is when DIP 6 and DIP 7 both ON.

So far I'm very satisfied about sound quality both Sonore microRendu/UltraDigital (I2S) and Gustard X22.

Even better than microRendu/Auralic Vega.

I prefer to upsample everything to DSD256 (Gustard) or DSD 128 (Auralic) through Roon or HQ Player.

4 hours ago, ivarsmu said:

Looks like the correct channel mapping and phasing for Gustard X22 is when DIP 6 and DIP 7 both ON.

So far I'm very satisfied about sound quality both Sonore microRendu/UltraDigital (I2S) and Gustard X22.

Even better than microRendu/Auralic Vega.

I prefer to upsample everything to DSD256 (Gustard) or DSD 128 (Auralic) through Roon or HQ Player.

How are you determining correct phasing? 

I have couple ripped test CD with phasing test tracks

The Sheffield _ Coustic Set-Up and Test Disc

NORDOST SYSTEM SET-UP & TUNING DISC

Ivars

9 minutes ago, ivarsmu said:

I have couple ripped test CD with phasing test tracks

The Sheffield _ Coustic Set-Up and Test Disc

NORDOST SYSTEM SET-UP & TUNING DISC

Ivars

Awesome. I'll add this setup to the list. Thanks for following up on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jesus,

I have a problem running mRendu => ultradigital => I2S of PSA Direct Stream Jr. DAC: no sound comes out.  DAC’s display indicates “E” which I am advised stands for “preEmphasis”.

mRendu => uSB of DAC Jr. works fine.

any suggestions what might be going wrong?  (Already tried rebooting everything and changing HDMI cable).

Thanks.

Maxim

On 1/9/2019 at 5:22 AM, vortecjr said:

Awesome. I'll add this setup to the list. Thanks for following up on this.

That Nordost disc is really handy, has a bunch of low frequency tones for sub integration as well...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

2 hours ago, mxb said:

Hi Jesus,

I have a problem running mRendu => ultradigital => I2S of PSA Direct Stream Jr. DAC: no sound comes out.  DAC’s display indicates “E” which I am advised stands for “preEmphasis”.

mRendu => uSB of DAC Jr. works fine.

any suggestions what might be going wrong?  (Already tried rebooting everything and changing HDMI cable).

Thanks.

Maxim

That is odd. What switches do you have set?

Typo on this thread name.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

2 hours ago, Matias said:

Typo on this thread name.

Been watching it now for 14 pags.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.