IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Finished building as much as could get away with, especially out here in the boonies. Sorry thumbs like like crap but links ok.

Next up:

Fixing my Audiolense setup (currently sound out of phase with convolution)

More JPLAY tweaking (dug out old CAPS to try Streamer mode)

Mount a wall-shelf to isolate components from speakers and sub (will "hide" over existing black bookcase)

Ponder if my wife will the sub out in the room (but it actually plays pretty wall stashed in there)

Settle on additional NAS vs. local USB enclosure with 20TB

Add modded Adnaco S3B

Maybe slide some thing absorption in behind the mashrubiya on the front wall (hoping my wife won't notice)

Find a DSD DAC

GtN2iAUl.jpg

RE3ImWcl.jpg

YTHAv4el.jpg

j9vuAFul.jpg

9sLxiVLl.jpg

0hnzGyhl.jpg

Y4TUsPTl.jpg

xx5kkwCl.jpg

Are those Zu Cube speakers?

No electron left behind.

Yes my friend. Maybe not the most ideal setup but the treatments helped and Audiolense/Acourate doesn't hurt. I have a pair of Hoyt Bedford Type II driver here too.

Awesome. I have a pair coming for my old Marantz receiver! I will pair the Undertone sub with them. Zu says they pair very well.

How do you like them?

No electron left behind.

• 3 months later...
I am really enjoying the Cubes. Some folks have criticised their design but they image very well and are not beamy at all.

For having whizzers they handle it all so far, none of the breakup I was hearing on another brand. Try Melody Gardot "Amalia"; its recorded really hot and can challenge some whizzers.

I don't find them peaky or fatiguing. I'm about 6 months into a Decware SE EL34 straight amp and really learning to enjoy the SET sound; actually having a 6V6 SEP on the way too. I have these usually toed-in a bit but not in the pic.

The subwoofer is a Deep Hemp from Omega. It's not in the best spot but works very very well actually.

Good to know. I do like Melody Gardots The Absence, it is a great album. Do you find the treble lacking at all? That is the one concern I have with them versus a more traditional small speaker. Well, that and being able to integrate them with a sub properly. The guys at Zu said it would integrate perfectly with the Undertone sub, but according to the specs there would be a hole, so to speak, between 80-50 hz. How high do you have your sub going?

No electron left behind.

• 6 years later...
7 hours ago, Jud said:

Hi JC and @AudioDoctor, that's the FT101A tuner and "Signal Sleuth" antenna amplifier from Magnum Dynalab.

Edit: It's interesting, because they're something like the turntable now. Sound is beautiful, but every station I can pick up here and many, many more in all corners of the country and the world are available streaming over the Web or my phone through the microRendu using Shairport, "no static at all," as Steely Dan would say.

Awesome, I have thought about getting one of those from time to time. I use the FM tuner in my Mcintosh Reciever frequently to listen to MPR even though I could be listening to them online as well.

No electron left behind.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, bobbmd said:

i think i sent this a while ago but here it is again with a new macmini M1 all schiit stuff except the yamaha c750 dvd-a sacd dvd cd changer on the bottom and the very bottom Harmon Kardon HDCD changer up on the mac is Meridian explorer 2 DAC for MQA(please don't think less of me) out to not pictured Legacy audio studio hd speakers alas no dsd/atomos b/o of schiit !

IMG_0132.jpg

Bob, how do you like the Ragnarok?

No electron left behind.