IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

3 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Assuming no bits are flipped in transmission, the only effect an improved, regenerated digital signal can have on the analog output is to affect timing errors. I.e., reduce or increase jitter.

You are looking at too narrow of a picture. If all you consider is the digital signal itself, there would be zero reason to to buy any type of decrapifier. You have to consider the effect ground loops, AC leakage, etc., have on the receiver USB PHY. In other words, you need to consider all aspects of what the ISO Regen does and how it might affect the music to judge its effectiveness. Not just jitter....

I did a Google search and could not find a USB 2.0 optical isolator that supported High Speed (480Mbs) mode.

The fact that pkane2001 does not understand that USB 2.0 audio uses High Speed mode and the optical isolator he refers to does not makes me wonder why he is even posting.....

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

I don't think anything with an Ethernet input does what I want (with regard to running filters of my choice) just yet.  Hopefully at some point in the near future.

Filters....where is the roll eyes emoticon? Discrete filters are a waste of time in my opinion. You guys do what you want there.....

As far as I am concerned, the best solution for my situation is an Ethernet streamer/end point device that has ultra quiet minimalistic circuitry/power supply and outputs AES/EBU at the music's native sample rate. Oh, it needs to cost less than $500 too. I will add a music server to the mix.

This gets the music off my laptop into a dedicated setup just for the music. It eliminates USB and all the associated crap that goes with it.